Subject: [Gen-art] GEN-Art re-review of draft-ietf-bmwg-ipsec-meth

From: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 08:08:57 -0500

I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART) reviewer 
for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see 
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html). Please resolve 
these comments along with any other Last Call comments you may receive.

Document: draft-ietf-bmwg-ipsec-meth-06.txt
Reviewer: Sean Turner
Review Date: 2009-11-15
IETF LC End Date: N/A
IESG Telechat date: 2009-10-22

Summary: This draft is basically ready for publication, but has nits 
that should be fixed before publication.

None of my comments on draft -05 were addressed in draft -06.  They were 
as follows:

Comments:

The NITS tool is complaining about 16 unused references and 10 obsolete 
references.  I'd also add that [FIPS.186-1.1998] isn't actually used as 
a reference.

Nits:

Sec 4: r/in RFC 2119.  RFC 2119/in [RFC2119].  [RFC2119]
Secs 8.1-11.3: r:/Topology /Topology:
Sec 8.1: r/If all packet are/If all packets are
Sec 8.1: r/format should reflect/format SHOULD reflect
Sec 10.1: r/Reporting Format/Reporting Format:
Sec 13.1: r/(timestamp_B).The/(timestamp_B). The

spt

---

From: Al Morton <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 08:51:15 -0500

At 08:08 AM 11/15/2009, Sean Turner wrote:
>...
>None of my comments on draft -05 were addressed in draft -06.  They 
>were as follows:
Sean,  your comments on -05 were received on 10/17.
Version -06 has not been produced yet, and
draft -05 was deferred before the previous telechat.

Al
bmwg chair

---

From: Merike Kaeo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 10:03:45 -0800

Yes, I was waiting to make sure all relevant comments had been given  
before spending the day incorporating.  I hadn't gotten notification  
that all were but since there were no more emails with any comments  
for last 3 weeks it's safe to assume that no more are coming.

Just for future reference, as a draft author when folks go through  
the IESG comment process, is there a way for me to tell that all  
folks who are supposed to comment have commented?  If I missed an  
email somewhere or needed to look at status somewhere, sincere  
apologies.

- merike

On Nov 15, 2009, at 5:51 AM, Al Morton wrote:

>> None of my comments on draft -05 were addressed in draft -06.   
>> They were as follows:

---

From: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 15:56:45 -0500

My bad.  I must still be jet lagged.

There are normally GEN-Art and SEC-DIR reviews.  Sometimes there's also 
an OPS-DIR review.  To see what IESG members had to say: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/idtracker/ballot/3192/

spt

Merike Kaeo wrote:
> that all were but since there were no more emails with any comments for 
> last 3 weeks it's safe to assume that no more are coming.
> 
> Just for future reference, as a draft author when folks go through the 
> IESG comment process, is there a way for me to tell that all folks who 
> are supposed to comment have commented?  If I missed an email somewhere 
> or needed to look at status somewhere, sincere apologies.
> 
> - merike
>