Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-art review of draft-eastlake-nlpid-iana-considerations-03.txt

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2009 11:19:08 +0200

Hi,

I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART)
reviewer for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html).

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments
you may receive.

Draft: draft-eastlake-nlpid-iana-considerations-03.txt
Reviewer: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Review Date: 4 December 2009

Summary:

This draft is basically ready for publication, but has nits that should
be fixed before publication.

Comments:

The acronym NLPID should be expanded in the title of the draft.

The second paragraph of the Introduction could be more clear. It states
that "the term NLPID is used for these values." These values seems to
refer to most values that are usable both as IPI and SPI but if the
phrase could be rephrased to be more clear, that would be useful.

Adding a hyphen so that "one octet" becomes "one-octet" throughout the
text would help as well.

In Section 3, the draft states: "To simplify this process, it is
desirable to maintain an IETF Liaison to ISO/IEC JTC1 SC6." Who is the
receiver of this statement. It seems to me that such advice should be
sent to the IAB so that they continue this liaison relationship.
Clarifying who is the receiver of this statement would be useful.

Thanks,

Gonzalo

---

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 09:54:43 -0500

Hi Gonzalo,

Thanks for your review. I basically agree with all your commends and have no
problem with changing the draft to resolve them.

Thanks again,
Donald
=============================
Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
155 Beaver Street
Milford, MA 01757 USA
[email-masked]