Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-art review of draft-bryan-http-digest-algorithm-values-update-03

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2009 14:35:12 +0200

Hi,

I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART)
reviewer for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html).

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments
you may receive.

Draft: draft-bryan-http-digest-algorithm-values-update-03.txt
Reviewer: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Review Date: 9 December 2009

Summary:

This draft is basically ready for publication, but has nits that should
be fixed before publication.

Comments:

Abstracts should not contain references because it should be possible to
read them as stand-alone documents.

The note in the second paragraph of the Introduction states that this is
unrelated to HTTP authentication. Adding an extra sentence explaining
what this relates to instead would be useful.

Section 4 does not mention the addition of two new algorithms.

Thanks,

Gonzalo

---

From: Anthony Bryan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 15:22:34 -0500

> Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments

Hi Gonzalo, thank you for the review.

> read them as stand-alone documents.

Reference removed.

The abstract now reads:

"The IANA registry named "Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) Digest
Algorithm Values" defines values for digest algorithms used by
Instance Digests in HTTP. Instance Digests in HTTP provide a digest,
also known as a checksum or hash, of an entire representation of the
current state of a resource. This draft adds new values to the
registry and updates previous values. "

> what this relates to instead would be useful.

Introduction:

"The IANA registry named "Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) Digest
Algorithm Values" defines values for digest algorithms used by
Instance Digests in HTTP.

Note: This is unrelated to HTTP Digest Authentication. Instance
Digests in HTTP provide a digest, also known as a checksum or hash, of
an entire representation of the current state of a resource.

The registry was created by [RFC3230]  in 2002. This draft adds new
values to the registry and updates previous values which had redundant
or outdated references. "

> Section 4 does not mention the addition of two new algorithms.

"The SHA-256 and SHA-512 algorithms have been added to the registry. "

-- 
(( Anthony Bryan ... Metalink [ http://www.metalinker.org ]
  )) Easier, More Reliable, Self Healing Downloads