Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-pkix-new-asn1-07.txt

From: Suresh Krishnan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 10:07:53 -0500

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for
draft-ietf-pkix-new-asn1-07.txt

For background on Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at
<http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html>.

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments
you may receive.

Summary: This draft is ready for publication as an Informational RFC but 
there may be some editorial issues that need fixing.

* Dangling references

I am not a MIB expert (far from it :-)) but the draft references the 
following documents without corresponding entries in the references section.

- PKI-ASN, PKIX-OAEP, PKI-ALG, FIPS186-3, PKCS10, RFC3629, RFC3066, 
RFC2482, PKCS11, RFC2104, RFC2202

All these documents are referenced from comments in the MIB. Is it 
established practice to include references in the RFC in this case?  I 
could not infer one way or another from section 3.6 of RFC4181 but maybe 
one of the OPS ADs could clear this up.

Thanks
Suresh