Subject: Re: [Gen-art] Gen-ART telechat review of draft-ietf-geopriv-prefix-00.txt

From: Brian Rosen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2010 17:29:43 -0500

The draft merely adds a field to a registry that requires specification
required and expert review.  I think Informational is acceptable, but will
defer to chairs for concurrence.

The only restriction on content is in RFC4776 which states:
   Component values MUST be encoded as UTF-8 [7].  They SHOULD be
   written in mixed case, following the customary spelling.  The script
   indication (CAtype 128) MUST be written in mixed case, with the first
   letter a capital letter.

While some fields are limited in some way, that is a special case, and is
noted in the field description.  In these fields, there is no restriction,
and punctuation may be common.

Brian

On 3/5/10 2:50 PM, "Brian E Carpenter" <[email-masked]> wrote:

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2010 11:34:52 +1300

> defer to chairs for concurrence.

OK, then it is only a slip in the writeup.
> and punctuation may be common.

Good, thanks.

Russ: IMHO this is a no objection.

   Brian C

---

From: Alissa Cooper <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2010 21:06:08 +0000

> OK, then it is only a slip in the writeup.

Apologies, this was my error.
Alissa