Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc4756bis-06

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 22:24:33 -0400

I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART) 
reviewer for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see 
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html).

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call
comments  you may receive. 

Document: draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc4756bis-06
Reviewer: David L. Black
Review Date: 17 March 2010
IETF LC End Date: 18 March 2010

Summary: 
This draft is basically ready for publication, but has nits that
should be fixed before publication.

Comments:
This is a well-written and readable draft on a new grouping approach in
SDP for associating forward error correction flows with the flows that
are protected by the forward error correction flows.  It's necessary to
be an SDP expert to fully understand this draft, and in particular I
assume that SDP experts have checked the examples.

All of my comments are minor.

The IPv4 addresses used in the examples are not from the 192.0.2.0/24
block of addresses for examples - they appear to be IP Multicast addresses,
and I'm not sure what IP Multicast addresses are appropriate for use in
examples.  Please check with your WG chairs and AD on what (if anything)
should be done about this (the examples may be ok as-is).

The 3388bis entry on the Updates: line on the title page is novel (I've
never seen that before).  Please add an RFC Editor Note to the Abstract
asking the RFC Editor to replace that with the RFC number for
draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc3388bis-04 when that draft is published as an RFC.

idnits 2.12.01 found a couple of nits:

  == You're using the IETF Trust Provisions' Section 6.b License Notice from
     12 Sep 2009 rather than the newer Notice from 28 Dec 2009.  (See
     http://trustee.ietf.org/license-info/)

--> Just copy the new boilerplate ...

  == Outdated reference: A later version (-07) exists of
     draft-ietf-fecframe-framework-05

--> This should be updated if draft is revised, but will be caught
	by the RFC Editor in any case.

Thanks,
--David
----------------------------------------------------
David L. Black, Distinguished Engineer
EMC Corporation, 176 South St., Hopkinton, MA  01748
+1 (508) 293-7953             FAX: +1 (508) 293-7786
[email-masked]        Mobile: +1 (978) 394-7754
----------------------------------------------------

---

From: "Ali C. Begen (abegen)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 23:08:06 -0700

Thanks David. My comments are inline.

...
> should be done about this (the examples may be ok as-is).

I believe they are OK per the information I was given by the transport ADs.
 
> draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc3388bis-04 when that draft is published as an RFC.

Sure.
 
>      http://trustee.ietf.org/license-info/)

I am using the conversion tool from http://xml.resource.org/.

Looks like they finally realized that their tool was not generating the right thing until now. If that is indeed fixed, the next revision will have the above boilerplate. 

> 	by the RFC Editor in any case.

Not a problem.
-acbegen