Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART Telechat review of draft-ietf-sipping-config-framework-17

From: "McCann Peter-A001034" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 23:00:40 -0400

I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART) reviewer
for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html).

Please wait for direction from your document shepherd or AD before
posting a new version of the draft.

Document: draft-ietf-sipping-config-framework-17
Reviewer: Pete McCann
Review Date: 18 April 2010
IESG Telechat date: 22 April 2010

Summary: Misgivings remain.

Major issues:
All of the minor issues and nits that I raised in the LC review have
been addressed.  Thanks for that.

I still have misgivings about supporting an architecture where the
local network can override a user's policy about bandwidth and codecs
to use during calls.  This seems to promote a non-neutral network 
where the local network operator inserts himself into the service
application logic.  The fact that the format of the profiles isn't
specified anywhere makes me wonder about interoperability and whether
some users will be locked into a single provider.

Minor issues: none
Nits/editorial comments: none