Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART review of draft-altman-tls-channel-bindings-12.txt

From: Suresh Krishnan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 13:26:09 -0400

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for
draft-altman-tls-channel-bindings-12.txt

For background on Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at
<http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html>.

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments
you may receive.

Summary: This draft is almost ready for publication as Proposed Standard 
but please consider my comments on -07 (especially the wrong reference).

* Section 2

"Subsequent to the publication of "On Channel Bindings" [RFC5246]"

Shouldn't this reference point to RFC5056 instead?

* Normative references

Why are the normative references for 'tls-server-end-point' separated
out from the other normative references?

Thanks
Suresh

---

From: Nicolas Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 12:37:39 -0500

On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 01:26:09PM -0400, Suresh Krishnan wrote:
> Summary: This draft is almost ready for publication as Proposed
> Standard but please consider my comments on -07 (especially the
> wrong reference).
> 
> * Section 2
> 

Yes.  I keep forgetting to fix that :(

> out from the other normative references?

That's to clarify that FIPS-180-2 is not something that tls-unique
depends on.  (Actually, this section should be named "Additional
Normative References for 'tls-server-end-point'".)

This clarification is, strictly speaking, not necessary.  But it also
does no harm.  If the RFC-Editor objects we'll fold it into the
normative references section.

Nico
--

---

From: Nicolas Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 12:41:14 -0500

PS: Thanks for your review!

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 18:39:43 +0100

Hi Suresh,

Suresh Krishnan wrote:

> Standard but please consider my comments on -07 (especially the wrong 
> reference).
>
> * Section 2
>

Good point. I've entered this as an RFC Editor note for the document.

> out from the other normative references?

I think Nico answered that.