Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART LC review of draft-ietf-keyprov-symmetrickeyformat-07

From: Enrico Marocco <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 10:18:16 +0200

I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART) reviewer
for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html).
Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments
you may receive.

Document: draft-ietf-keyprov-symmetrickeyformat-07.txt
Reviewer: Enrico Marocco
Review Date: 2010-04-26
IETF LC End Date: 2010-04-26
IESG Telechat date:

Summary: This draft is ready for publication as a Proposed Standard RFC.

Note: I'm not an expert in the area, hopefully more expert eyes have
looked and are going to look at the ASN.1.

Minor nits:

Section 1. Introduction, second para: s/uses cases/use cases/

Section 3.3.4. Key Usage, "Verify" bullet: move the period after the
parenthesis.

Section 4.1. AES Key Encoding, first para, second sentence:

OLD

   The first octet of sKey SHALL become the key byte in AES labeled
   index 0 in [FIPS197] SHALL be the first octet of sKey, and the other
   key bytes SHALL follow in index order.

NEW

   The key byte in AES labeled index 0 in [FIPS197] SHALL be the first
   octet of sKey, and the other key bytes SHALL follow in index order.

Section 4.2. Triple DES Key Encoding, second para: "msb" acronym is used
without definition. It could be easily defined at the end of the
previous sentence, where it is expanded.

Section 5. Security Considerations, first para: s/[CMS]/[RFC5652]/

---

From: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 07:43:53 -0400

Enrico,

Thanks for you review.  Responses inline.

spt

> looked and are going to look at the ASN.1.

I did and I believe the Shepherd did too, but we've have some tweaks 
along the way so we'll need to double check this before the very end.

> Section 1. Introduction, second para: s/uses cases/use cases/

Fixed.

> Section 3.3.4. Key Usage, "Verify" bullet: move the period after the

Fixed.

>    octet of sKey, and the other key bytes SHALL follow in index order.

An IESG reviewer also pointed this out, I'll make sure to fix this.

> previous sentence, where it is expanded.

Fixed.

> Section 5. Security Considerations, first para: s/[CMS]/[RFC5652]/

Fixed.