Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART review of draft-haberman-rpsl-reachable-test-03

From: "Vijay K. Gurbani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2010 14:05:21 -0500

I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART)
reviewer for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html).

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments
you may receive.

Document: draft-haberman-rpsl-reachable-test-03
Reviewer: Vijay K. Gurbani
Review Date: April-02-2010
IETF LC End Date: April-02-2010
IESG Telechat date: April-22-2010

Summary: This draft is ready for publication as a Proposed Standard.
It has 0 major issues, 1 minor issue and 0 nits.

Major issues: None.

Minor issues: One please see next.

1) Is the intent to have the specific IP address be used solely
for diagnostic tests?  That is, can someone probe for other
services on this IP address (http, sip, etc.)?  The description
is not very clear on that, and in fact, if the intent is for
the latter to happen, then some manner of Security Consideration
section should be put in to alert of any ramifications.

Nits/editorial comments: None.

Thanks,

- vijay
-- 
Vijay K. Gurbani, Bell Laboratories, Alcatel-Lucent
1960 Lucent Lane, Rm. 9C-533, Naperville, Illinois 60566 (USA)
Email: vkg@{alcatel-lucent.com,bell-labs.com,acm.org}
Web:   http://ect.bell-labs.com/who/vkg/