Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART Telechat review of draft-zimmermann-avt-zrtp-20

From: "McCann Peter-A001034" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 11:50:22 -0400

I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART) 
reviewer for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see 
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html).

Please wait for direction from your document shepherd or AD before 
posting a new version of the draft.

Document: draft-zimmermann-avt-zrtp-20
Reviewer: Pete McCann
Review Date: 17 May 2010
IESG Telechat date: 20 May 2010

Summary: Ready

Major issues: none

Minor issues:

I see that in draft-19, a change was made to stop using the
term "HMAC" and instead substitute "MAC".  However, in several
places, the term "keyed hash" seems to be used interchangeably
with the term "MAC".  For example, in Section 4.3.1:
   Both parties calculate a set of keyed hashes (MACs)  of shared
secrets
Is a MAC always a "keyed hash"?  I can imagine a scheme like
AES-GCM that provides an authentication tag without necessarily
using a hash function.  Anyway, this is a minor point.

Nits/editorial comments: none