Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART LC review of draft-ietf-sipcore-invfix-01

From: Enrico Marocco <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 15:48:45 +0200

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. For background on
Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at
<http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments
you may receive.

Document: draft-ietf-sipcore-invfix-01
Reviewer: Enrico Marocco
Review Date: 2010-06-21
IETF LC End Date: 2010-06-22

Summary: Ready with very minor nits.

Major issues: none.

Minor issues: none.

Nits/editorial comments:

"User Agent" is defined in S. 3., second paragraph with the
parenthesized expansion following the acronym. This is not consistent
with the previous definition of "SIP," in S. 2. Since the term "user
agent" already appears a few lines above, I'd suggest to define the
acronym there, in the usual form.

Same as above for "Transaction User" in S. 7.1., second paragraph.

Note: As already pointed out by IANA, the "IANA Considerations" section
should update the "Method and Response Codes" registry in the parts
concerning the INVITE method.

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 16:20:51 -0500

Enrico - thanks for your review.

As one of the document editors, I have a comment and question inline:

> acronym there, in the usual form.

I agree that the acronym expansion is better done somewhere else in this case,
mostly because the string "UA core" needs to be searchable in this document.

> Same as above for "Transaction User" in S. 7.1., second paragraph.
This one I don't understand. What's the inconsistency you're seeing here?

> concerning the INVITE method.

yes.

> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Gen-art mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art

---

From: Marocco Enrico <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 08:25:00 +0200

> This one I don't understand. What's the inconsistency you're seeing

My suggestion was to do the expansion in the usual way, IOW s/TU
(Transaction User)/Transaction User (TU)/. However, since TU is a well
known element defined and described in 3261, I see the point of
expanding it the way you did.

--
Ciao,
Enrico

Sent from my iPhone

Questo messaggio e i suoi allegati sono indirizzati esclusivamente alle persone indicate. La diffusione, copia o qualsiasi altra azione derivante dalla conoscenza di queste informazioni sono rigorosamente vietate. Qualora abbiate ricevuto questo documento per errore siete cortesemente pregati di darne immediata comunicazione al mittente e di provvedere alla sua distruzione, Grazie.

This e-mail and any attachments is confidential and may contain privileged information intended for the addressee(s) only. Dissemination, copying, printing or use by anybody else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message and any attachments and advise the sender by return e-mail, Thanks.