Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART Last Call review of draft-rosen-urn-nena-02.txt

From: Suresh Krishnan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 13:59:48 -0400

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for
draft-rosen-urn-nena-02.txt

For background on Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at
<http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html>.

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments
you may receive.

Summary: This draft is almost ready for publication as an Informational 
RFC but I have an issue that you may consider fixing.

Minor
=====

* The introduction section of this draft reads like an advertisement and 
I feel that it is not appropriate for an RFC to contain such text.

e.g. "NENA serves as a link in the delivery of emergency services. 9-1-1 
has, throughout its evolution, become recognized as an asset of the 
North American public."

While this might be a fact (I am pretty sure of it), this has got 
nothing to do with why the URN is being registered.

I suggest rewording th whole section 1 to the following.

"The National Emergency Number Association (NENA) is currently in the 
process of setting standards, processes and procedures for the use of an 
IP-based Emergency Services IP Network (ESInet) for all public safety 
entities in North America. Some of the solutions being developed by NENA 
require XML namespaces that are managed so that they are unique and 
persistent. To assure that the uniqueness is absolute, the registration 
of a specific Uniform Resource Name (URN) [RFC2141] Namespace ID (NID) 
for use by NENA is required. This document defines and registers such a 
namespace."

I leave it up to your (the author and the shepherd) discretion if you 
want to incorporate my comments.

Thanks
Suresh