Subject: [Gen-art] Assignments for Sept.23, 2010 Telechat

From: Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 16:00:26 -0500

Hi all,

Here's the link to the summary of assignments for the Sept. 23rd, 2010 telechat:
http://www.softarmor.com/rai/temp-gen-art/reviewers-100923.html

With the updated spreadsheets:
http://www.softarmor.com/rai/temp-gen-art/gen-art.html
http://www.softarmor.com/rai/temp-gen-art/gen-art-by-reviewer.html

For your convenience, the review boilerplate template is included below.

Note that reviews should ideally be posted to the gen-art mailing list
by COB on Tuesday:
http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/

Mary.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. For background on
Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at
< http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Please wait for direction from your document shepherd
or AD before posting a new version of the draft.

Document:
Reviewer:
Review Date:
IESG Telechat date: 23 Sept 2010

Summary:

Major issues:
Minor issues:
Nits/editorial comments:

---

From: "Joel M. Halpern" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 14:05:50 -0400

Document: draft-ietf-fecframe-framework-10.txt
     Forward Error Correction (FEC) Framework
Reviewer: Joel M. Halpern
Review Date: 19-Sept-2010
IESG Telechat date: 23 Sept 2010

Summary: This document appears to be nearly ready for publications as a 
Proposed Standard

Major issues: None

Minor issues:
Section 5.6 says "Names must conform to the "name" production and values 
encodings to the "value" production defined in Section 5.5"
However, section 5.5 says that valid element names and value ranges are 
defined by the FEC scheme.  There are no "production for these fields in 
section 5.5.

The text in section 8 seems to imply that cellular devices experience 
high loss rates.  This is misleading, as radio level protocols generally 
provide sufficient flow control and retransmission so as to bring the 
link behavior to levels similar to that of other media.  Please either 
recheck the assumptions being made, or consider removing the reference 
to cellular links.

Nits/editorial comments:
The definition of Application Data Unit should include an indication 
that this is referred to as an ADU.