Subject: [Gen-art] A *new* batch of IETF LC reviews - 25 Nov 2010

From: Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 14:42:14 -0600

Hi all,

Please note that the ADs have gone wild with LCs over the past week and I am
a bit late in getting some of the ones the week before assigned, so there
are a few that are coming up quickly.

Here's the link to the new LC assignments for last week:
http://www.softarmor.com/rai/temp-gen-art/reviewers-101125-lc.html<http://www.softarmor.com/rai/temp-gen-art/reviewers-101118-lc.html>

The assignments are captured in the spreadsheets:
http://www.softarmor.com/rai/temp-gen-art/gen-art.html
http://www.softarmor.com/rai/temp-gen-art/gen-art-by-reviewer.html

The standard template is included below.

Thanks,
Mary.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. For background on
Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at <
http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments you
may receive.

Document:
Reviewer:
Review Date:
IETF LC End Date:
IESG Telechat date: (if known)

Summary:

Major issues:

Minor issues:

Nits/editorial comments:

---

From: "Joel M. Halpern" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 19:32:50 -0500

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. For background on 
Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at 
<http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments 
you may receive.

Document: draft-ietf-bmwg-reset-03
     Device Reset Characterization
Reviewer: Joel M. Halpern
Review Date: 27-Nov-2010
IETF LC End Date: 07-Dec-2010
IESG Telechat date: N/A

Summary: This document is nearly ready for publication as an 
Informational RFC

Major issues: None

Minor issues:
Is there a reason that section 4.1.1.1 on reset of a single-RP device 
refers to simple removal and re=insertion, without explaining the 
caveats that section 4.1.2 (line card removal and re-insertion) provides 
about using a method to avoid having the human time for the removal and 
reinsertion have a significant effect on the operation?

Also, should the same caveat not be applied to section 4.3.1 on Power 
Interruption?  There seems to be an implicit assumption that the human 
operation will be sufficiently fast, and the recovery sufficiently slow, 
that the human element does not matter.  At the very least, it would 
seem that this should be articulated.

Nits/editorial comments:

---

From: Ben Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 21:32:20 -0600

I see a bunch of reviewer names but no documents? Maybe it's a browser problem, I've only got the iPad handy at the moment. Do others see something different?

On Nov 27, 2010, at 2:42 PM, Mary Barnes <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi all, 
> 
> Please note that the ADs have gone wild with LCs over the past week and I am a bit late in getting some of the ones the week before assigned, so there are a few that are coming up quickly. 
> 
> http://www.softarmor.com/rai/temp-gen-art/reviewers-101125-lc.html
> 
> I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. For background on Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at <http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>.
> 
> Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments you may receive.
> 
> Document: 
> Reviewer: 
> Review Date: 
> IETF LC End Date: 
> _______________________________________________
> Gen-art mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art

---

From: Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 15:02:45 -0600

I have no idea why the link goes to the 101118 file - either gmail or safari
goofiness.  Here's the correct link (maybe):
http://www.softarmor.com/rai/temp-gen-art/reviewers-101125-lc.html

Mary.

On Sat, Nov 27, 2010 at 2:42 PM, Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Please note that the ADs have gone wild with LCs over the past week and I
> am a bit late in getting some of the ones the week before assigned, so there

---

From: "Vijay K. Gurbani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 08:13:47 -0600

On 11/27/2010 09:32 PM, Ben Campbell wrote:
> I see a bunch of reviewer names but no documents?

Sorry ... my fault.  I am behind in uploading due to the
long weekend.  I am uploading all reviews submitted since
11/22 now.

Thanks,

- vijay
-- 
Vijay K. Gurbani, Bell Laboratories, Alcatel-Lucent
1960 Lucent Lane, Rm. 9C-533, Naperville, Illinois 60566 (USA)
Email: vkg@{alcatel-lucent.com,bell-labs.com,acm.org}
Web:   http://ect.bell-labs.com/who/vkg/

---

From: Ben Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 08:42:05 -0600

Hi Vijay,

I wasn't your problem; I was just hitting the wrong URL.

Thanks, 

Ben.