Subject: [Gen-art] A *new* batch of IETF LC reviews - 13 Dec 2010

From: Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 00:47:24 -0600

Hi all,

Here's the link to the new LC assignments for last week:
http://www.softarmor.com/rai/temp-gen-art/reviewers-101213-lc.html

The assignments are captured in the spreadsheets:
http://www.softarmor.com/rai/temp-gen-art/gen-art.html
http://www.softarmor.com/rai/temp-gen-art/gen-art-by-reviewer.html

The standard template is included below.

Thanks,
Mary.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. For background on
Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at <
http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments you
may receive.

Document:
Reviewer:
Review Date:
IETF LC End Date:
IESG Telechat date: (if known)

Summary:

Major issues:

Minor issues:

Nits/editorial comments:

---

From: "Joel M. Halpern" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 19:55:39 -0500

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. For background on 
Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at 
<http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments 
you may receive.

Document: draft-schaad-smime-algorithm-attribute-03
     Signer Info Algorithm Protection Attribute
Reviewer: Joel M. Halpern
Review Date: 15-Dec-2010
IETF LC End Date: 03-Jan-2011
IESG Telechat date: 20-Jan-2010

Summary: This document is ready for publication as a Proposed Standard

Major issues: N/A

Minor issues:   The security consideration section clearly states that 
there is no known attack that can use this.  To the naive reader, it 
seems difficult to conceive of an attack which could downgrade the 
algorithm and still have verification proceed correctly.  If there is 
some cryptographic or mathematical reason to believe that may become 
possible, some allusion to that reason would be helpful to the less 
informed reader, so as to help make implementors make the right choice 
as to whether to add this information.