Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART telechat review of draft-loreto-http-bidirectional-05.txt

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2011 09:09:34 +1300

Please see attached review.

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2011 10:35:51 +1300

The -06 version responds to my comment, thanks.

Regards
   Brian Carpenter

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2011 16:06:21 -0700

Hi Brian,

After receiving feedback from my co-authors, I have wordsmithed the relevant
text to:

   The authors acknowledge that both the "HTTP long polling" and "HTTP
   streaming" mechanisms stretch the original semantic of HTTP and that
   the HTTP protocol was not designed for bidirectional communication.
   This document neither encourages nor discourages the use of these
   mechanisms, and takes no position on whether they provide appropriate
   solutions to the problem of providing bidirectional communication
   between clients and servers.  Instead, this document merely
   identifies technical issues with these mechanisms and suggests best
   practices for their deployment.

If you have concerns with that revised text, please let us know.

Thanks!

Peter

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2011 15:40:38 -0700

Seeing no objections 24 hours later, I'll go ahead and post -07 with this
adjusted text and one other small fix.

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2011 12:06:53 +1300

For Russ's benefit, the -07 version resolves my comment.

Regards
   Brian