Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART review of draft-mraihi-mutual-oath-hotp-variants-12

From: "Vijay K. Gurbani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2011 11:50:58 -0600

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. For background on
Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at
<http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments
you may receive.

Document: draft-mraihi-mutual-oath-hotp-variants-12
Reviewer: Vijay K. Gurbani
Review Date: Feb-03-2011
IETF LC End Date: Feb-08-2011
IESG Telechat date: Feb-17-2011

Summary: This draft is ready as an Informational RFC.

Major issues: 0
Minor issues: 0
Nits/editorial comments: 2

Nits/editorials

1) S8.2, "IC2 - Keys should be ..." --- here, is the "should" normative?

2) S8.2, "IC8 ... This will enable you to counter certain types of
  man-in-the-middle attacks."  The use of "you" seems funny here;
  better to say, "... This will enabling the thwarting of certain
  types of man-in-the-middle attacks."

Thanks,

- vijay
-- 
Vijay K. Gurbani, Bell Laboratories, Alcatel-Lucent
1960 Lucent Lane, Rm. 9C-533, Naperville, Illinois 60566 (USA)
Email: vkg@{bell-labs.com,acm.org} / [email-masked]
Web:   http://ect.bell-labs.com/who/vkg/

---

From: "Bajaj, Siddharth" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 02:05:16 -0800

Hi Vijay, 

We have just submitted -13 of the draft that fixes both the nits that
you have listed below. 

SB: Change to "IC2 - Keys SHOULD be..."

SB: Revised text:
"IC8 ... This will mitigate against certain types of man-in-the-middle
attacks."

Thanks,

Siddharth

-----Original Message-----
From: Vijay K. Gurbani [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, February 03, 2011 9:51 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: General Area Review Team; Hannes Tschofenig; Sean Turner
Subject: Gen-ART review of draft-mraihi-mutual-oath-hotp-variants-12

Major issues: 0
Minor issues: 0

Nits/editorials

Thanks,

- vijay