Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART Telechat Review of draft-ietf-isis-ieee-aq-04

From: Pete McCann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 17:34:43 -0600

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. For background on
Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at
<http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Please wait for direction from your document shepherd
or AD before posting a new version of the draft.

Document: draft-ietf-isis-ieee-aq-04
Reviewer: Pete McCann
Review Date: 2011-02-15
IETF LC End Date:
IESG Telechat date: 2011-02-17

Summary: Ready

Major issues: none

Minor issues:

Still should clarify the meaning of Figure 1.  The notation [8:19] would seem
to indicate that Bit 8 of the value would come first (on the left, in
IETF order).
I assume the bit indexes you are using here are from the IEEE spec and I
think they use the opposite bit-order to what IETF uses.  In a proper big-endian
representation I would expect you actually meant this:

    0                   1                   2                   3
    0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1

    M L TYP
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |1|1|0|0|       SPSRC [19:8]    |  SPSRC [7:0]  |  ISID [23:16] |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |  ISID [15:8]  |   ISID [7:0]  |
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

That is, the most significant bit of each sub-field appears first
in IETF order.  You should at least clarify what the bit indices
mean and whether they refer to the IEEE spec or not.

Nits/editorial comments: none