Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-hip-cert-09

From: "Vijay K. Gurbani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 09:16:58 -0600

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. For background on
Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at
<http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments
you may receive.

Document: draft-ietf-hip-cert-09
Reviewer: Vijay K. Gurbani
Review Date: Feb-16-2011
IETF LC End Date: Mar-01-2011
IESG Telechat date: Mar-03-2011

Summary: 1 major issue.  Besides that, the draft is ready as an
Experimental.

Major issues: 1
Minor issues: 0
Nits: 1

Major issue:

- Has this draft been vetted through pkix?  I am curious: what
  happens if both the CN and SAN are present?  Which one takes
  precedence?  In your Appendix B, you show the CN and SAN as both
  being the same, but what happens if they are different?  You may
  want to check with the pkix WG folks to make sure that the your
  use of identities in CN and SAN are okay.

Nits:

- S3:
  s/or the subject the respective HIT/or the subject, the respective HIT/

Thanks,

- vijay
-- 
Vijay K. Gurbani, Bell Laboratories, Alcatel-Lucent
1960 Lucent Lane, Rm. 9C-533, Naperville, Illinois 60566 (USA)
Email: vkg@{bell-labs.com,acm.org} / [email-masked]
Web:   http://ect.bell-labs.com/who/vkg/

---

From: Samu Varjonen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 13:11:51 +0200

> s/or the subject the respective HIT/or the subject, the respective HIT/

Thanks for the comments. I will look into these as soon as possible and will 
give an answer to them on this chain.

BR,
Samu Varjonen