Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART Telechat Review of draft-ccamp-rwa-wson-framework-12

From: Pete McCann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 17:20:06 -0600

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. For background on
Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at <
http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Please wait for direction from your document shepherd
or AD before posting a new version of the draft.

Document: draft-ietf-ccamp-rwa-wson-framework-12
Reviewer: Pete McCann
Review Date:  2011-02-15
IETF LC End Date:
IESG Telechat date: 2011-02-17

Summary:  Ready

Major issues: none

Minor issues:

I think a formal definition of "degree" should be given.  I don't see why
it's relevant that the two ports in Figure 1 aren't bound to the same
interface into a bidirectional port.  They could be used that way, right?

Nits/editorial comments: none, all my earlier nits have been addressed.  Thanks!

---

From: Greg Bernstein <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 18:29:17 -0800

Hi Pete, there is a definition in the terminology section on "degree". 
However, I did check and discovered that the ITU-T didn't define the 
term in their documents that include ROADM and OXCs.  It seems to be 
used all the time in the optical communications industry industry but it 
is definitely not a terribly precise term.  Luckily the device modeling 
is not dependent on the term.

Thanks
Greg B.
On 2/15/2011 3:20 PM, Pete McCann wrote:
> Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at<

-- 
===================================================
Dr Greg Bernstein, Grotto Networking (510) 573-2237