Subject: [Gen-art] Now available - the Gen-ART review tool

From: "A. Jean Mahoney" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2011 15:55:03 -0500

Hi all,

The Gen-ART review tool is ready to be tested.

Users of the review tool should have received automatically generated 
emails starting with "[genart review tool]".

Steps on accessing and working with the tool can be found here:
http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/dav/genart/gen_art_review_tool_how-to.html

Please log in and check the My Info page for your user information, then 
check the My Queue page. Most reviewers should see one or more recent 
assignments, which are for documents currently in Last Call and/or on 
the November 3 Telechat. David, Elwyn, Kathleen, and Richard: your 
queues are empty for the moment.

If the assignment is unfamiliar to you, I've probably fumbled something. 
Please reject the assignment. Otherwise, accept the assignment.

As we're testing the tool, I'll continue to provide last call and 
telechat assignments in the traditional format. The gen-art.html page 
and the HTML assignment pages found on 
http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/dav/genart/ will continue to be the official 
method of recording and assigning reviews until otherwise noted.

Please let me know if you have trouble accessing the tool, questions on 
how it works, or any feedback. I'm collecting bugs and enhancement 
requests.

Thanks to Tero Kivinen and Henrik Levkowetz for creating and helping set 
up this tool!

Jean

---

From: "A. Jean Mahoney" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2011 16:19:26 -0500

Hi Mary,

Yes, reviewers need to enter the URLs manually.

When you have posted your review to the gen-art mailing list:

  o  Click the Done button for the document on the review tool.
  o  Find your review on 
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/gen-art/current/maillist.html.
  o  Paste the review's URL in the Review URL field.
  o  Click the Save button.

Thanks,

Jean

On 11/1/11 4:04 PM, Mary Barnes wrote:
> Jean,
>
> Thanks for working with Henrik and Tero to get this done.
>
> I have a question.  I see one of my assignments, but it is one that I 
> already reviewed.  If I click Done for the review, it seems I need to 
> enter the URL for the review.  Will we have to enter the URLs manually 
> or will those be populated by the tool?
>
> Thanks,
> Mary.
>
> On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 3:55 PM, A. Jean Mahoney <[email-masked] 
> <mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:
>
>     Hi all,
>
>     Users of the review tool should have received automatically
>     generated emails starting with "[genart review tool]".
>
>     Please log in and check the My Info page for your user
>     information, then check the My Queue page. Most reviewers should
>     see one or more recent assignments, which are for documents
>     currently in Last Call and/or on the November 3 Telechat. David,
>     Elwyn, Kathleen, and Richard: your queues are empty for the moment.
>
>     If the assignment is unfamiliar to you, I've probably fumbled
>     something. Please reject the assignment. Otherwise, accept the
>     assignment.
>
>     telechat assignments in the traditional format. The gen-art.html
>     page and the HTML assignment pages found on
>     http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/dav/genart/ will continue to be the
>     official method of recording and assigning reviews until otherwise
>     noted.
>
>     Please let me know if you have trouble accessing the tool,
>     questions on how it works, or any feedback. I'm collecting bugs
>     and enhancement requests.
>
>     Thanks to Tero Kivinen and Henrik Levkowetz for creating and
>     helping set up this tool!
>
>     Jean
>     _______________________________________________
>     Gen-art mailing list
>     [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>
>     https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art
>
>

---

From: Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 16:04:50 -0500

Jean,

I have a question.  I see one of my assignments, but it is one that I
already reviewed.  If I click Done for the review, it seems I need to enter
the URL for the review.  Will we have to enter the URLs manually or will
those be populated by the tool?

Thanks,
Mary.

On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 3:55 PM, A. Jean Mahoney <[email-masked]> wrote:

> http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/**dav/genart/gen_art_review_**tool_how-to.html<http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/dav/genart/gen_art_review_tool_how-to.html>
>
> assignments, which are for documents currently in Last Call and/or on the
> November 3 Telechat. David, Elwyn, Kathleen, and Richard: your queues are
> empty for the moment.
>
> As we're testing the tool, I'll continue to provide last call and telechat
> assignments in the traditional format. The gen-art.html page and the HTML
> assignment pages found on http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/**dav/genart/<http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/dav/genart/>will continue to be the official method of recording and assigning reviews
> until otherwise noted.
>
> how it works, or any feedback. I'm collecting bugs and enhancement requests.
>
> ______________________________**_________________
> Gen-art mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/**listinfo/gen-art<https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art>
>

---

From: Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 17:25:46 -0500

Okay. Personally, I would rather enter the review in a form and have the
tool do all the magic of sending it to the mailing list, related authors,
etc.  I'm not sure if that is more difficult than this approach.

Thanks,
Mary.

On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 4:19 PM, A. Jean Mahoney <[email-masked]> wrote:

>  o  Find your review on http://www.ietf.org/mail-**
> archive/web/gen-art/current/**maillist.html<http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/gen-art/current/maillist.html>
> .
>> On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 3:55 PM, A. Jean Mahoney <[email-masked]<mailto:
>> [email-masked]>> wrote:
>>
>>    Hi all,
>>
>>    http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/**dav/genart/gen_art_review_**
>> tool_how-to.html<http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/dav/genart/gen_art_review_tool_how-to.html>
>>
>>    http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/**dav/genart/<http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/dav/genart/>will continue to be the

---

From: Ben Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 17:35:36 -0500

I have mixed emotions on this one. I do a lot of reviews offline, so having to enter it into a form could be a pain. As it is, I just "send" the email, and my computer takes care of it when get back online. Also, I use my iPad for a lot of reviews, and most of the IETF tools that involve uploading content don't work from an iPad. I can paste into a text field, but I can't upload a file--which is the metaphor most of the other tools use.

OTOH, the "paste a URL" approach is error prone. The pasted URI has nothing to tell me I put in the right one. If I make a cut/paste error, I'm not likely to notice it. Maybe if the actual content was displayed after saving, I would have a chance to notice a problem and fix it.

On Nov 1, 2011, at 5:25 PM, Mary Barnes wrote:

> Okay. Personally, I would rather enter the review in a form and have the tool do all the magic of sending it to the mailing list, related authors, etc.  I'm not sure if that is more difficult than this approach.  
> 
> Thanks,
> Mary. 
> 
>  o  Find your review on http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/gen-art/current/maillist.html.
> I have a question.  I see one of my assignments, but it is one that I already reviewed.  If I click Done for the review, it seems I need to enter the URL for the review.  Will we have to enter the URLs manually or will those be populated by the tool?
> 
> Thanks,
> Mary.
> 
> On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 3:55 PM, A. Jean Mahoney <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:
> 
>    Hi all,
>

---

From: Tero Kivinen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 15:59:19 +0200

>   o  Paste the review's URL in the Review URL field.

Note, that you can also type in the message number from the mailing
list directly (i.e. 6877 for the email I am replying to) and the tool
will automatically make correct url
(http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/gen-art/current/msg06877.html)
out of it.

(I fixed the url in config page to include msg%05d.html in the end to
allow properly use this feature). 
-- 
[email-masked]

---

From: Tero Kivinen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 16:08:43 +0200

> etc.  I'm not sure if that is more difficult than this approach.

That was one of the original ideas, but in secdir we never took that
into use. We do have Area director comments (only visible to area
directors), Last Call comments and Nits fields in the database.

Because we did not take them into use in secdir, and they were just
confusing I disabled them from the review tool views. As they never
have been in use, the workflow after that is unspecified, i.e. what
kind of emails to send out, how does area directors etc get to see
those comments etc.

I will be in the Taipei CodeSprint (at least I hope I will be there,
but my plane lands around 0600 AM Saturday morning), so if any of you
are there then we could see what kind of features would be best for
gen-art.
-- 
[email-masked]

---

From: "A. Jean Mahoney" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2011 15:27:57 -0500

Hi all,

The review tool may not have sent emails upon user creation. Even if you 
have not received automatically generated emails from the tool, please 
try to log in. If you have difficulties, let me know.

Thanks!

Jean

On 11/1/11 3:55 PM, A. Jean Mahoney wrote:
> Please log in and check the My Info page for your user information, 
> then check the My Queue page. Most reviewers should see one or more 
> recent assignments, which are for documents currently in Last Call 
> and/or on the November 3 Telechat. David, Elwyn, Kathleen, and 
> Richard: your queues are empty for the moment.
>
> official method of recording and assigning reviews until otherwise noted.
>
> Please let me know if you have trouble accessing the tool, questions 
> on how it works, or any feedback. I'm collecting bugs and enhancement 
> requests.
>
> Thanks to Tero Kivinen and Henrik Levkowetz for creating and helping 
> set up this tool!
>
> Jean

---

From: Elwyn Davies <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2011 14:14:42 +0000

Hi.

I have processed my last call review of draft-geopriv-deref-protocol and
updated the entry in the tool to indicate I have done the review and
recorded the message URL.

Now in the usual course of things the authors have fixed up a few
things, there is a new version and I am more or less happy with the
result.  Mails have been exchanged...

Now it is on the agenda for the telechat and I will (probably) be
producing a review which says "Thank you.  I am now fine with the draft.
Go for it!" (or whatever).  So where does a reference to this go?

Or did I press done too soon?

Regards,
Elwyn

---

From: "A. Jean Mahoney" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 11:05:04 -0600

Hi Elwyn,

When you enter a review URL, click Done. When a document comes back 
around, it will be added to my "Unassigned" queue, and I can assign it 
to you again for a second review.

That said, it should have come up in the "Unassigned" queue and I should 
have assigned it back to you. However, it's not in my queue nor in 
yours. So I may have clicked "Finished" too soon. I'll have to 
investigate further. Like Miguel's issue, this is probably a workflow 
error on my part.

I apologize for the late response. My machine suffered from hard drive 
failure, and I'm still not completely recovered from it.

Jean