Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART Telechat Review of draft-ietf-fecframe-config-signaling-06

From: Pete McCann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 20:12:55 -0400

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. For background on
Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at
< http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Please wait for direction from your document shepherd
or AD before posting a new version of the draft.

Document:  draft-ietf-fecframe-config-signaling-06
Reviewer:  Peter McCann
Review Date:  2011-11-02
IETF LC End Date:
IESG Telechat date: 2011-11-03

Summary: Ready

Major issues: none

Minor issues: none

Nits/editorial comments:

Section 4:
   and optionally convey
   to the application layer.
SHOULD BE:
   and optionally convey this error
   to the application layer.

   more than one Media Senders.
SHOULD BE:
   more than one Media Sender.

Section 5.1.1:
     Note that SAP doesn't allow the time-interval to be signaled in
     the SAP header. Hence, the usage of simpler method desires the
     time-interval to be included in the FEC Framework Configuration
     Information, if the default time interval (=60 seconds) for SAP
     message repeations is not deemed enough. For example, the usage of
     "r=" (repeat time) field in SDP to convey the time-interval value,
     if SDP encoding format is used.
SHOULD BE:
     Note that SAP doesn't allow the time-interval to be signaled in
     the SAP header. Hence, the usage of the simpler method requires the
     time-interval to be included in the FEC Framework Configuration
     Information, if the default time interval (=60 seconds) for SAP
     message repetitions is not used. For example, the usage of
     "r=" (repeat time) field in SDP may convey the time-interval value,
     if SDP encoding format is used.

Section 5.1.2:
   which is (re)set to the five times
SHOULD BE:
   which is (re)set to five times

Section 5.2:
   The fact that two nodes desiring unicast communication almost always
   rely on an application to first exchange the application related
   parameters via the signaling protocol, it is logical to enhance such
   signaling protocol(s) to
SHOULD BE:
   The fact that two nodes desiring unicast communication almost always
   rely on an application to first exchange the application related
   parameters via the signaling protocol makes it logical to enhance such
   signaling protocol(s) to