Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART review of draft-shin-augmented-pake-12

From: "Vijay K. Gurbani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 14:48:52 -0600

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. For background on
Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at
<http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments
you may receive.

Document: draft-shin-augmented-pake-12
Reviewer: Vijay K. Gurbani
Review Date: Feb-24-2012
IETF LC End Date: Not known
IESG Telechat date: March-15-2012

Summary: This draft is ready as an Experimental.

Some minor comments and nits follow.

Major issues: 0
Minor issues: 3
Nits/editorial comments: 2

Minor:

1. Section 1 (S1), first paragraph:
  s/session key would be used/session key is used/

2. S1, second paragraph: "...The AugPAKE protocol described in
  this document is an augmented PAKE which also achieves measurable
  efficiency over some previous works."

  For sake of completeness, it may help to provide references to
  the "previous works".

3. S1, second paragraph: "We believe the followings [SKI10]:" ---
  s/followings/following/
  but besides this, I am not sure what you are trying to say
  here.  Maybe a matter of expressing it in alternate English?

Nits:

1. S1, second paragraph: s/one and 1.17/1 and 1.17/
  This makes it congruent with "2 and 2.17" that appears a
  few lines above.

2. Email for author Kazukuni Kobara is missing.

Thanks,

- vijay
-- 
Vijay K. Gurbani, Bell Laboratories, Alcatel-Lucent
1960 Lucent Lane, Rm. 9C-533, Naperville, Illinois 60563 (USA)
Email: vkg@{bell-labs.com,acm.org} / [email-masked]
Web:   http://ect.bell-labs.com/who/vkg/