Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-marf-spf-reporting-10

From: "Vijay K. Gurbani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 10:10:44 -0500

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. For background on
Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at
<http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments
you may receive.

Document: draft-ietf-marf-spf-reporting-10
Reviewer: Vijay K. Gurbani
Review Date: Mar-21-2012
IETF LC End Date: Mar-14-2012
IESG Telechat date: March-15-2012 (*** Sorry for the delay ***)

Summary: This draft is ready as a Proposed Standard.

Major issues: 0
Minor issues: 0
Nits/editorial comments: 1

Nits:

- The referencing in this document seems odd.  For example, normal
  referencing would be:

     As required by IANA [IANA-CONSIDERATIONS], ...

  Here, the reference object is "IANA" and the reference is
  "IANA-CONSIDERATIONS".  xml2rfc creates a link from "IANA-
  CONSIDERATIONS" to the References section.

  However, this draft uses referencing as follows:

     As required by [IANA-CONSIDERATIONS], ...

  This essentially conflates the reference object ("IANA") with
  the reference itself ("IANA-CONSIDERATIONS").

  I suspect that this is a stylistic convention used by the authors,
  so if they are happy with it then they can feel free to disregard
  this comment.

Thanks,

- vijay
-- 
Vijay K. Gurbani, Bell Laboratories, Alcatel-Lucent
1960 Lucent Lane, Rm. 9C-533, Naperville, Illinois 60563 (USA)
Email: vkg@{bell-labs.com,acm.org} / [email-masked]
Web:   http://ect.bell-labs.com/who/vkg/

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 11:45:59 -0400

> Document: draft-ietf-marf-spf-reporting-10

Thanks very much for the review, Vijay... but this document has been
through last call, the IESG, the telechat, and AD follow-up, and the
approval announcement was sent yesterday.

I'm glad you didn't find anything seriously wrong with it!

Barry

---

From: "Vijay K. Gurbani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 10:54:28 -0500

> approval announcement was sent yesterday.

Barry: Indeed, and I must apologize for my tardiness.  I have been
completely swamped.  But I did want to be diligent and finish the docs
on my queue.

> I'm glad you didn't find anything seriously wrong with it!

Agreed!

Thanks,

- vijay