Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-dane-protocol-19.txt

From: "Miguel A. Garcia" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 15:52:30 +0200

I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART)
reviewer for this draft. For background on Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at
<http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>

Please resolve these comments along with any other comments you may receive.

Document: draft-ietf-dane-protocol-19.txt
Reviewer: Miguel Garcia <[email-masked]>
Review Date: 23-Apr-2012
IETF LC End Date: 25-Apr-2012
IESG Telechat date:

Summary: The document is ready for publication as a standards track RFC.

Major issues: none

Minor issues: none

Nits/editorial comments:

The document is well written and I have no problems with it. Perhaps the 
IANA Considerations section can be improved by having clear instructions 
to IANA, especially on the registry they need to operate.

For example, take a look at the text on Section 7.1:

"This document uses a new DNS RR type, TLSA, whose value is TBD. "

I have a problem with the word "uses". It is not clear if IANA has to 
allocate a value or the document uses an existing value. Assuming IANA 
has to allocate an existing value, please indicate the registry where 
that value should be allocated. For example, the text could say:

This document request IANA to allocate a new "TLSA" value in the Resource 
Record (RR) TYPEs subregistry of the Domain Name System
(DNS) Parameters registry:

/Miguel
-- 
Miguel A. Garcia
+34-91-339-3608
Ericsson Spain