Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART Telechat review of draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc2671bis-edns0-08.txt

From: Suresh Krishnan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 23:06:29 -0400

I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART)
reviewer for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html).

Please wait for direction from your document shepherd
or AD before posting a new version of the draft.

Document: draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc2671bis-edns0-08.txt
Reviewer: Suresh Krishnan
Review Date: 2012/04/10
IESG Telechat date: 2012/04/12

Summary: This draft is almost ready for publication as a Standard but it
has some issues.

Substantive:

* Section 6.1.2

The draft defines a new option space for the OPT option codes. It is not
clear who allocates and maintains these. Section 7 seems to talk about
what seems to be a well known IANA policy definition ("Expert Review")
but there is no directive to the IANA to create a new options registry
in the IANA considerations section. Please clarify.

Minor:

* Section 5:

This sentence does not read right the way it is written. It is probably
missing a negative.

OLD:
Extended Label Types are difficult to use due to support in clients
and intermediate gateways...

Propose replacing with

NEW:
Extended Label Types are difficult to use due to the lack of support in
clients and intermediate gateways...

Thanks
Suresh