Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-meas-identity-06

From: "Vijay K. Gurbani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 15:21:38 -0500

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. For background on
Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at
<http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments
you may receive.

Document: draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-meas-identity-06
Reviewer: Vijay K. Gurbani
Review Date: May-31-2012
IETF LC End Date: June-14-2012
IESG Telechat date: Not known

Summary: This draft is ready as a Proposed Standard; it has one minor
comment that should be fixed before publication.

Major: 0
Minor: 1
Nits: 0

Minor:

- In S6, the text says that "... the use of security mechanisms with
  RTP, as documented in Section 9 of [RFC3550] SHOULD apply."

  I am puzzled by the normative language here.  Won't it be more proper
  to simply say that "... the use of security mechanisms with RTP, as
  documented in Section 9 of [RFC3550] apply."

  The use of SHOULD seem to indicate that there are certain cases
  during measurement reporting where the security considerations do not
  apply.  Surely you do not mean that, do you?

Thanks,

- vijay
-- 
Vijay K. Gurbani, Bell Laboratories, Alcatel-Lucent
1960 Lucent Lane, Rm. 9C-533, Naperville, Illinois 60563 (USA)
Email: vkg@{bell-labs.com,acm.org} / [email-masked]
Web:   http://ect.bell-labs.com/who/vkg/

---

From: "Charles Eckel (eckelcu)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 13:51:51 -0700

Hi Vijay,

Thank you for your review. I agree with your comment. It was actually
one of the WGLC comments:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/xrblock/current/msg00395.html

This comment in particular seems to have fallen through the cracks.
Thanks for catching it.

Cheers,
Charles

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Vijay K. Gurbani [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2012 1:22 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: General Area Review Team; Charles Eckel (eckelcu); Shida Schubert;
> Gonzalo Camarillo
> Subject: Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-meas-identity-06
>

---

From: Qin Wu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2012 09:27:32 +0800

Agree, Thanks!

Regards!
-Qin
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Charles Eckel (eckelcu)" <[email-masked]>
To: "Vijay K. Gurbani" <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>
Cc: "General Area Review Team" <[email-masked]>; "Shida Schubert" <[email-masked]>; "Gonzalo Camarillo" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, June 01, 2012 4:51 AM
Subject: RE: Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-meas-identity-06

Hi Vijay,

Cheers,
Charles