Subject: [Gen-art] Fwd: Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-tcpm-tcpmss-04

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 15:49:06 -0700

Feature request for the tool: a place to put reviews so that I don't
keep forgetting to CC the gen-art list.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: 20 May 2012 19:34
Subject: Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-tcpm-tcpmss-04
To: [email-masked]

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. For background on
Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at
<http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments
you may receive.

Document: draft-ietf-tcpm-tcpmss-04
Reviewer: Martin Thomson
Review Date: 2012-05-20
IETF LC End Date:
IESG Telechat date: (if known)

Summary: This draft clarifies a point of potential confusion around
the use of the TCP MSS.  The draft is ready for publication as an
informational RFC, with a couple of nits.

Major issues: none

Minor issues: none

Nits/editorial comments:

Opinion... The draft seems a little long.  Section 4 contains the only
truly crucial point: namely the one made after the matrix.  That
alone, plus the short description in Section 2, seems sufficient. The
appendix is excessive.

Section 6 does not contain security considerations.  It need not
contain anything.

Sections 3 and 5 have extra indentation for their subsections.

The table in Section 4 has a wayward period.