Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-art review of draft-ietf-dccp-udpencap

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 12:50:04 -0400

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. For background on
Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at
<http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments
you may receive.

Document: draft-ietf-dccp-udpencap
Reviewer: Kathleen Moriarty
Review Date: 5/25/12
IETF LC End Date: 5/25/12
IESG Telechat date: (if known)

Summary:  The document is ready with the exception of fixing some references noted below.

This document specifies an alternative encapsulation of the Datagram
   Congestion Control Protocol (DCCP), referred to as DCCP-UDP.  This
   encapsulation allows DCCP to be carried through the current
   generation of Network Address Translation (NAT) middleboxes without
   modification of those middleboxes.  This document also updates the
   SDP information for DCCP defined in RFC 5762.

Sorry for the late review, I just saw this today!

Major issues:

Minor issues:

Nits/editorial comments:  The document reads well, but there are some references that need to be addressed, some removed and one should use the newer reference:

Confirmed this one does not appear in text:
== Unused Reference: 'RFC5234' is defined on line 758, but no explicit
     reference was found in the text

The following one is OK, I am not sure why the checker doesn't see the reference in the text.
  == Unused Reference: 'RFC4585' is defined on line 786, but no explicit
     reference was found in the text

Confirmed this one does not appear in text:
  == Unused Reference: 'RFC4762' is defined on line 791, but no explicit
     reference was found in the text

Update the obsolete reference:
  ** Obsolete normative reference: RFC 4234 (Obsoleted by RFC 5234)

_______________________________________________