Subject: [Gen-art] review of draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-pdv-03.txt

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 18:23:16 +0100

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. For background on
Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at
< http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Please wait for direction from your document shepherd
or AD before posting a new version of the draft.

Document: draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-pdv-03.txt
Reviewer: Alexey Melnikov
Review Date: 23 July 2012
IETF LC End Date: 23 July 2012
IESG Telechat date: N/A

Summary: Almost Ready

Major issues: None

Minor issues:

In Section 4:

         pdvtype     = "pdv="    0      ; MAPDV2 ITU-T G.1020
                               / 1      ; 2-point PDV ITU-T Y.1540

Firstly, I think you meant "0" and "1" above (you are missing quotes). 
Secondly, this doesn't allow for future pdvtype registrations, so you 
should be using something like 1*2DIGIT here (with a comment that value 
0-15 are valid), or something more specific.

The document creates a new registry with "Specification Required", yet 
the shepherding write-up says that the document doesn't create any 
registry with Expert Review (question 18). So one of the two is 
incorrect, I don't know which one.

Nits/editorial comments: None