Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART Telechat review of draft-ietf-grow-private-ip-sp-cores-05.txt

From: Suresh Krishnan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 01:19:38 -0400

I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART)
reviewer for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html).

Please wait for direction from your document shepherd
or AD before posting a new version of the draft.

Document: draft-ietf-grow-private-ip-sp-cores-05.txt
Reviewer: Suresh Krishnan
Review Date: 2012/07/16
IESG Telechat date: 2012/07/19

Summary: This document is ready for publication as an Informational RFC
but I have some comments.

Minor
=====

* Section 4:

It is not clear how Path MTU discovery is supported by TCP. Did you mean
TCP utilizes Path MTU discovery? If so, suggest rewording to

OLD:

   Path MTU Discovery is
   supported by TCP over IPv4 [RFC1191], TCP over IPv6 [RFC1981] and
   some tunneling protocols such as GRE and IPSEC.

NEW:

   Path MTU Discovery is
   utilized by TCP over IPv4 [RFC1191], TCP over IPv6 [RFC1981] and
   some tunneling protocols such as GRE and IPSEC.

Editorial
=========

* References

BCP38 *is* RFC2827 and BCP84 *is* RFC3704. Not sure why there are
duplicate references to these documents (once for the RFC number and
once for the BCP number)

Thanks
Suresh