Subject: [Gen-art] GenART LC review of draft-ietf-ipfix-ie-doctors-03

From: "Roni Even" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2012 16:00:26 +0200

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments you
may receive.

Document: draft-ietf-ipfix-ie-doctors-03.

Reviewer: Roni Even

Review Date:2012-7-15

IETF LC End Date: 2012-7-17

IESG Telechat date:

Summary: This draft is almost ready for publication as an Informational RFC.

Major issues:

Minor issues:

1.       The registration procedure should mention NetFlow V9 expert review
for 0-128. I think that in the IANA section it will be good to suggest
update also for the Registration procedure and Reference of the IPFIX
Information Elements registry.

2.       Section 5.1 should reference RFC5226 and say if it clarifies
RFC5226 or adds some procedure.

3.       In section 5.2 is there a need for a specification to explain the
change. The text is not clear about it.

4.       Section 5.3 say "Names of deprecated or obsolete Information
Elements MUST NOT be reused." What about the elementID can it be re-used?

 

Nits/editorial comments:

1.       Section 4.2 third paragraph "applications can to use reduced-size"
should be "applications can use reduced-size"

2.       Section 4.8 first paragraph "enumerates those which Information
Elements" should be "enumerates those Information Elements"

3.       In section 10.1 "these are described in and Section 10.3" I did not
understand the "in and", I assume something is missing here.