Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-pkix-rfc5280-clarifications-10

From: "Vijay K. Gurbani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 09:24:41 -0500

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. For background on
Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at
<http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments
you may receive.

Document: draft-ietf-pkix-rfc5280-clarifications-10
Reviewer: Vijay K. Gurbani
Review Date: Oct-16-2012
IETF LC End Date: Not known
IESG Telechat date: Oct-25-2012

This document is ready as a Proposed Standard.

Major: 0
Minor: 0
Nits: 2

Nits:

- S1: The fourth paragraph should be put right underneath the second
  paragraph since the former continues discussion started by the latter.

- S1: Last paragraph --- it will be good to provide some documentation
  regarding the "observed attacks".  Especially a link to relevant papers
  of archival quality discussing the attacks will be helpful.  If the
  attacks are related to the Diginotar and Comodo break-ins, then there
  is an archival paper [1] at a reasonably high level from IEEE that
  discusses this and provides a starting point for those who want to
  learn more.

[1] Neal Leavitt, "Internet security under attack: The undermining of
  digital certificates," pp. 17-20, IEEE Computer, December 2011.

Thanks,

- vijay
-- 
Vijay K. Gurbani, Bell Laboratories, Alcatel-Lucent
1960 Lucent Lane, Rm. 9C-533, Naperville, Illinois 60563 (USA)
Email: vkg@{bell-labs.com,acm.org} / [email-masked]
Web:   http://ect.bell-labs.com/who/vkg/