Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART Telechat review of draft-ietf-abfab-gss-eap-naming-06.txt

From: Suresh Krishnan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2012 01:28:06 -0400

I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART)
reviewer for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html).

Please wait for direction from your document shepherd
or AD before posting a new version of the draft.

Document: draft-ietf-abfab-gss-eap-naming-06.txt
Reviewer: Suresh Krishnan
Review Date: 2012/10/08
IESG Telechat date: 2012/10/11

Summary: This document is ready for publication as a Proposed Standard.
I do have some minor comments you may wish to address.

Minor
=====

* Section 6.1:

This sentence is a bit difficult to read.

"This attribute is returned with the authenticated output of
GSS_Get_name_attribute true only when the mechanism can successfully
authenticated the SAML statement."

Suggest rewording to

"When GSS_Get_name_attribute is called, this attribute will be returned
with the authenticated output set to true only if the mechanism can
successfully authenticate the SAML statement."

(Is my interpretation correct?)

* Section 6.2:

s/encoding as "%20"/encoded as "%20"/

Thanks
Suresh

---

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2012 07:23:55 -0400

>>>>> "Suresh" == Suresh Krishnan <[email-masked]> writes:

    Suresh> "When GSS_Get_name_attribute is called, this attribute will
    Suresh> be returned with the authenticated output set to true only
    Suresh> if the mechanism can successfully authenticate the SAML
    Suresh> statement."

    Suresh> (Is my interpretation correct?)

Your interpretation is correct and the reword helps.

Stephen, so far, I'm aware of this comment and the last call discussion
between Simon and scott regarding what it means to be a well-formed XML
serialization that might require addressing.