Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-lisp-mib-08

From: "Miguel A. Garcia" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 15:44:36 +0100

I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART)
reviewer for this draft. For background on Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at
<http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>

Please resolve these comments along with any other comments you may receive.

Document: draft-ietf-lisp-mib-08
Reviewer: Miguel Garcia <[email-masked]>
Review Date: 2013-01-15
IETF LC End Date: 2013-01-21
IESG Telechat date:

Summary: The document is ready for publication as an experimental RFC.

Major issues: none

Minor issues: none

Nits/editorial comments:

- I have not reviewed Section 7, because I won't be able to make 
technical comments, and it is quite extensive.

- The IANA considerations section could be slightly clear. It should 
contain the request to IANA to allocate a value to the lispMib object 
identifier, rather than be hidden in an Editor's note that is to be 
removed prior to publication. Additionally, it is not clear which 
subregistry IANA has to use to allocate a value. The draft refers to the 
"mib-2", but I guess the formal name of the subregistry is "SMI Network 
Management MGMT Codes". This subregistry should be explicitly named. 
Furthermore, the registration is missing how IANA should populate the 
"Name" and "Description" of the entry that IANA should give to this MIB.

/Miguel
-- 
Miguel A. Garcia
+34-91-339-3608
Ericsson Spain

---

From: "Miguel A. Garcia" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 16:07:31 +0100

Resending, now expanding some addresses that were giving trouble.

-- 
Miguel A. Garcia
+34-91-339-3608
Ericsson Spain

---

From: "Amit Jain (amijain)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 15:21:18 +0000

Hi Miguel,

Thank you for your review and comments. Is it possible for you to provide
an example MIB so that we can use that as reference and incorporate
corrections as suggested by you.

Regards, Amit

-----Original Message-----
From: "Miguel A. Garcia" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tuesday, January 15, 2013 7:07 AM
To: Luigi Iannone <[email-masked]>, "Gregg Schudel (gschudel)"
<[email-masked]>, Amit Jain <[email-masked]>, "Victor Moreno
(vimoreno)" <[email-masked]>
Cc: Brian Haberman <[email-masked]>,
"[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, General Area
Review Team <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-lisp-mib-08

---

From: "Miguel A. Garcia" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 08:43:49 +0100

Hi Amit:

I don't have an example of another MIB draft, but I suggest the following 
text. Please review it, and change it as you wish.

10.  IANA Considerations

This document instructs IANA to allocate a new value in the "SMI Network 
Management MGMT Codes Internet-standard MIB" subregistry of the "Network 
Management Parameters" registry, according to the following registration 
data:

Decimal: [TBD by IANA]
Name: lispMIB
Description: Locator/ID Separation Protocol (LISP)
References: [RFC XXXX (this RFC)]

BR,

       Miguel

-- 
Miguel A. Garcia
+34-91-339-3608
Ericsson Spain