Subject: [Gen-art] GenART LC review of draft-ietf-rmt-fcast-07

From: "Roni Even" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 20:38:06 +0200

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. For background on
Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at
<http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments you
may receive.

Document: draft-ietf-rmt-fcast-07

Reviewer: Roni Even

Review Date:2013-1-15

IETF LC End Date: 2013-1-22

IESG Telechat date: 

Summary: This draft is almost ready for publication as Standard track RFC.

Major issues:

Minor issues:

1.       I had some problem when reading the document about what is
mandatory to support. The distinction between what is  required to be
supported and used is mentioned in section 5. Also section 3.3 discusses
what compliant implementation is, but section 5 provides the full
information. I think that it will be better to move section 5 before or at
the beginning of section 3 or as part of  3.3.  no need to have the
information twice.

2.       In section 3.3 "The support of GZIP encoding, or any other
solution, remains optional." I think that support is mandatory. 

Nits/editorial comments:

1.	In section 5.1 at the end of first table "in-bound" should be
"in-band"
2.	In section 6 in the paragraph after the bullet points "possibly
possibly"
3.	In section 7 "This specification requires IANA to create two new
registries" I think there are three new registries.
4.	In section 7.1 second paragraph "registry registry"