Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-simple-simple-08

From: "Vijay K. Gurbani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 09:37:03 -0600

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. For background on
Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at
<http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments
you may receive.

Document: draft-ietf-simple-simple-08
Reviewer: Vijay K. Gurbani
Review Date: Feb-11-2013
IETF LC End Date: Feb-14-2013
IESG Telechat date: Not known

This document is ready as an Informational.  Some comments for
changes follow.

Major: 0
Minor: 2
Nits: 1

Minor:
- S2.1, discussion of rfc3265: RFC3265 is now made obsolete by rfc6665,
  I believe an update is appropriate here as well as other places where
  a reference to rfc3265 is made.

  Additionally, a reference to rfc3856 will be appropriate when
  we first talk about presence as a SUBS/NOT event package i.e.,
  s/Presence is defined as an event package/Presence is defined as
  an event package [RFC3865]/

- S3.2, discussion of rfc3862: Does CPIM stand for "Common Presence and
   Instant Messaging" or does it stand for "Common Profile for Instant
   Messaging", as expanded in rfc3862 itself?

Nits:

- Abstract, perhaps better for a standard document to use more
   formal language and:
   s/It breaks them up into categories/It categorizes the specifications/

Thanks,

- vijay
-- 
Vijay K. Gurbani, Bell Laboratories, Alcatel-Lucent
1960 Lucent Lane, Rm. 9C-533, Naperville, Illinois 60563 (USA)
Email: vkg@{bell-labs.com,acm.org} / [email-masked]
Web:   http://ect.bell-labs.com/who/vkg/

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2013 07:21:31 -0500

Hi Vijay,

Thanks for the comments. Responses below:

On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 10:37 AM, Vijay K. Gurbani <[email-masked]>wrote:

> <http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/**area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq<http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>
> >.
>

Fixed.

>  an event package [RFC3865]/

Fixed.

>   Messaging", as expanded in rfc3862 itself?

Actually, the title of RFC3862 is in fact "Common Presence and Instant
Messaging", even though the message format it defines is common profile for
instant messaging. As such, I have kept this since the acronym refers to
the title of the spec.

>   s/It breaks them up into categories/It categorizes the specifications/

Fixed.

> Email: vkg@{bell-labs.com,acm.org} / vijay.gurbani@alcatel-lucent.**com<[email-masked]>
> Web:   http://ect.bell-labs.com/who/**vkg/<http://ect.bell-labs.com/who/vkg/>
>

Thanks,
Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan Rosenberg, Ph.D.
[email-masked]
http://www.jdrosen.net

---

From: "Vijay K. Gurbani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 12:09:36 -0600

On 02/16/2013 06:21 AM, Jonathan Rosenberg wrote:
> Messaging", even though the message format it defines is common profile
> for instant messaging. As such, I have kept this since the acronym
> refers to the title of the spec.

Jonathan: Sure, no worries.

Thanks,

- vijay