Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART Telechat review of draft-ietf-sipcore-sip-websocket-08.txt

From: Suresh Krishnan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 15:10:21 -0400

I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART)
reviewer for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html).

Please wait for direction from your document shepherd
or AD before posting a new version of the draft.

Document:  draft-ietf-sipcore-sip-websocket-08.txt
Reviewer: Suresh Krishnan
Review Date: 2013/06/10
IESG Telechat date: 2013/06/13

Summary: This draft is almost ready for publication as a Proposed
Standard, but has some minor issues that need to be fixed as identified
in my last call review dated 2013/04/16. One of the issues I raised was
clarified as common practice in the RAI wgs and I have removed it from
the list. The authors had agreed to fix the following issues but I have
not seen an updated draft yet.

Minor
=====

* Section 4.1

There is no error handling specified. i.e. What happens if the server
does not send a 101 reply with sip in the Sec-WebSocket-Protocol header?

* Section 5.2.2

RFC4168 does not update transport-param. Is this a copy and paste error?

* Section 5.2.4

Maybe it is just me, but the way I read it, this section leaves the
client without any mandatory to implement transport protocol for SIP
since it relaxes the need to implement UDP and TCP, as well as allowing
the implementation of the websocket transport using a MAY.

Thanks
Suresh

---

From: Iñaki Baz Castillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 09:47:37 +0200

Hi Suresh,

Sorry for the delay. This week I will publish a new version 09 of the
draft addressing all the pending issues.

Thanks a lot.

-- 
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<[email-masked]>

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 09:08:34 +0300

Suresh: Many thanks for the review. Iñaki: thank you for agreeing to accommodate the suggested changes. Will we see a -09 soon? I think we should wait for the all updates to be posted before the final approval of the document…

Jari

On Jun 11, 2013, at 2:47 AM, Iñaki Baz Castillo <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> Gen-art mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art