Subject: [Gen-art] review of draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-discard-rle-metrics-05.txt

From: Francis Dupont <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 18:28:02 +0200

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. For background on
Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at

<http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments
you may receive.

Document: draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-discard-rle-metrics-05.txt
Reviewer: Francis Dupont
Review Date: 20130625
IETF LC End Date: 20130701
IESG Telechat date: unknown

Summary: Ready

Major issues: None

Minor issues: None

Nits/editorial comments:
 - title page 1: for  Run Length -> for Run Length

 - ToC page 2 and 9 page 9: Acknowledgements -> Acknowledgments

 - 1 page 3: take benefit of the first "Extended Reports" to introduce
 the XR abbrev

 - 1 page 3: expand the RR abbrev (not well known according to the RFC Editor
  list http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc-style-guide/abbrev.expansion.txt
  and BTW has at least 3 different meanings :-)

 - 1 page 3: RLE is well known (so you can keep it!)

 - 1 page 3: playout > play out (according to my spell checker...)

 - 3 page 4 (still the spell checker): recaps

Thanks

[email-masked]

---

From: Varun Singh <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 01:52:41 +0300

Hi,

Thank you for the comments, responses inline.

Cheers,
Varun

> - title page 1: for  Run Length -> for Run Length

Ok.

> - ToC page 2 and 9 page 9: Acknowledgements -> Acknowledgments

Ok.

> - 1 page 3: take benefit of the first "Extended Reports" to introduce

It is in the title, but I've expanded it at first occurrence in text.

>  and BTW has at least 3 different meanings :-)

Ok.

> - 1 page 3: RLE is well known (so you can keep it!)

It is expanded in the title, but I expanded it at first occurrence in the text.

> - 1 page 3: playout > play out (according to my spell checker…)

In multimedia we often use: playout buffer, playout delay. 
But in this case playout is acting more as a verb instead of a noun. 
Anyone else have an opinion about this? 

> - 3 page 4 (still the spell checker): recaps

recaps is an informal word, I can replace it.
recaps -> describes