Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART Telechat review of draft-ietf-lwig-terminology-05.txt

From: Suresh Krishnan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 00:38:35 -0400

I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART)
reviewer for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html).

Please wait for direction from your document shepherd
or AD before posting a new version of the draft.

Document: draft-ietf-lwig-terminology-05.txt
Reviewer: Suresh Krishnan
Review Date: 2013/08/12
IESG Telechat date: 2013/08/15

Summary: This draft is ready for publication as an Informational RFC but
I do have a few comments that the authors may wish to consider.

Minor
=====

* Section 1

Aren't actuators also one class of constrained devices? The section
talks about gathering information but does not talk about constrained
devices acting on information.

* Section 2.1

When speaking about the multiple facets of constraints on the nodes
shouldn't processing power be included as well? There is an item for
power but it is unclear if that means energy/power or processing power.
In either case one of them probably needs to be added.

* Section 2.2

Would it be worth mentioning the asymmetric nature of some of these link
as a constraint?

* Section 2.3.1

This sentence does not read right. Suggest rewording.

OLD:
In its terminology document, the ROLL working group is saying
[I-D.ietf-roll-terminology]:

NEW:
The ROLL terminology document [I-D.ietf-roll-terminology] defines LLNs
as follows:

* Section 3

Please add a reference to the CoAP draft at first use of CoAP.

* Section 4.3

Should this section also talk a bit about the term "duty cycle" since
this term is used frequently in the constrained device context?

Thanks
Suresh

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 09:36:48 +0800

Suresh: Thank you very much for your review. Carsten et al, I think Suresh raises some valid points here. I'll note the focus on other things besides sensors in particular.

Jari

On Aug 13, 2013, at 12:38 PM, Suresh Krishnan <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> Gen-art mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art