Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART Telechat review of draft-jabley-dnsext-eui48-eui64-rrtypes-05

From: "Peter Yee" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2013 21:52:55 -0700

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. For background on
Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at
<http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>

Please wait for direction from your document shepherd or AD before posting a
new version of the draft.

Document: draft-jabley-dnsext-eui48-eui64-rrtypes-05
Reviewer: Peter Yee
Review Date: July-07-2013
IETF LC End Date: July-17-2013
IESG Telechat date: August-15-2013

Summary: This draft is basically ready for publication as an Informational
RFC, but has nits that should be fixed before publication. [Ready with nits]

This review is the same as the IETF LC review of this draft, which remain
unchanged for the telechat.  This draft defines DNS Resources Record Types
for encoding IEEE 802 EUI-48 and EUI-64 addresses.  Potential privacy issues
with this scheme have been soundly beaten to death with extreme prejudice.

Major issues:

Minor issues:

Nits:

Page 1, Abstract, 1st paragraph: After "e.g.", append a comma and delete an
extraneous space before "Ethernet".

Page 3, Introduction, 1st paragraph, 2nd sentence: change "This" to "These"
and change "specification defines" to "specifications define". 

Page 3, Introduction, 2nd paragraph: append a comma after "e.g.".

		-Peter Yee

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 20:15:29 +0300

Peter: Thank you very much for your (re)review. Authors, have you seen the comments?

For what it is worth, I have placed a no-objection ballot for this draft. (Largely based on this review, because I'm on vacation and have less time to do my own review, which I would normally do at least briefly.)

Jari

On Aug 11, 2013, at 7:52 AM, Peter Yee <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> Gen-art mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art

---

From: Joe Abley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 17:22:46 +0000

Hi Jari,

I have seen the comments and I have no objection to incorporating the suggested edits. I have avoided doing that to date, following the advice to wait for the responsible AD before submitting any new versions.

Joe