Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART LC review of draft-ietf-p2psip-rpr-10

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 11:19:25 +0000

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. For background on
Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at

<http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments
you may receive.

Document: draft-ietf-p2psip-rpr-10
Reviewer: Dan Romascanu
Review Date: 9/30/13
IETF LC End Date: 9/30/13
IESG Telechat date: 

Summary: Ready with minor and editorial issues

Major issues:

Minor issues:

[I-D.ietf-p2psip-drr] is an Informational Reference. It is mentioned in several places, out of which at least one makes reading the referred document mandatory for anybody who intends to write an implementation of this document. This place is Section 7 which states: 

> This document uses the new RELOAD overlay configuration element,
   "route-mode", inside each "configuration" element, as defined in DRR
   document [I-D.ietf-p2psip-drr].

Nits/editorial comments:

1. Section 3.1 RPR includes just one sub-section 3.1.1 with a similar title. It looks like the division of the text in a subsection is not needed. 

2. The title of Section 3.2 is 'Scenarios where RPR can be beneficial'. In fact only 3.2.3 describes such a scenario, while 3.2.1 and 3.2.2 describe cases which would ease deployment of RPR (managed environments, bootstrap nodes). In other words 3.2.1 and 3.2.2 describe cases when RPR could be deployed and 3.2.3 a case when RPR should be deployed. 

3. In Section 6.2.2: 

> The option value is illustrated in the following figure, defining the
   ExtensiveRoutingModeOption structure:

However no figure follows.