Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART Review of draft-resnick-on-consensus-06

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 18:56:16 -0500

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. For background on
Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at
<http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments you
may receive.

Document: draft-resnick-on-consensus-06
Reviewer: Russ Housley
Review Date: 14-November-2013
IETF LC End Date: 11-November-2013
IESG Telechat date: 21-November-2013

Summary: This draft is ready for publication as an Informational RFC.

Major issues:

None.  Thanks for addressing my concern with Section 4 in -05.

Minor issues:

Section 4 says that humming should be the start of a conversation, not
the end.  However, it can be either.  I very much disagree with the
last paragraph of Section 5, and I think that the words "extreme
caution" are inappropriate.

Section 6 tells about some pitfalls to avoid, but the hum can still be
a very valuable tool to help a chair determine if the group has reached
consensus.

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 16:18:16 -0300

Thanks for your review, Russ.

Jari

On Nov 14, 2013, at 8:56 PM, Russ Housley <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> Gen-art mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art