Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART Telechat review of draft-ietf-avtcore-rtp-security-options-09.txt

From: Suresh Krishnan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 00:23:09 -0500

I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART) reviewer
for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html).

Please wait for direction from your document shepherd or AD before
posting a new version of the draft.

Document: draft-ietf-avtcore-rtp-security-options-09.txt
Reviewer: Suresh Krishnan
Review Date: 2013/12/16
IESG Telechat date: 2013/12/19

Summary: This draft is ready for publication as an Informational RFC but 
I do have a few comments that the authors may wish to consider.

Minor
=====

* Section 1

This sentence is a bit awkward

The IETF considers it important that protocols implement, and makes 
available to the user, secure modes of operation

Suggest rewording to something like

The IETF considers it important that protocols implement secure modes of 
operation and make them available to users.

* Section 2.1

I am not sure what this statement means. Can you please clarify?

"Here the combination of the security protocol protecting the RTP 
session and its RTP and RTCP traffic and the key-management protocol 
becomes important in which security statements one can do."

* Section 4.1.4

s/will be more relevant then/will be more relevant than/

This sentence is hard to read. Please consider rewording

"Commonly by provisioning the verifier with the public part of a root 
certificate, this enables the verifier to verify a trust chain from the 
root certificate down to the identity certificate."

Thanks
Suresh

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 08:25:59 +0100

Thanks Suresh,

We will take your comment into account when we do the next revision.

Cheers

Magnus

-- 

Magnus Westerlund

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden| mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 11:36:54 -0500

Thanks for the review, Suresh! Magnus & Richard: the document is up for the IESG telechat on Thursday, and currently there are no Discusses. Make sure we're doing Approved::Revised ID Needed, in case there are no other reasons to revise the document (and you believe changes are needed).

Jari

On Dec 17, 2013, at 2:25 AM, Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> Gen-art mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art

---

From: Richard Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 13:56:44 -0500

Hopefully things will go so smoothly :)

On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 11:36 AM, Jari Arkko <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Thanks for the review, Suresh! Magnus & Richard: the document is up for
> the IESG telechat on Thursday, and currently there are no Discusses. Make
> sure we're doing Approved::Revised ID Needed, in case there are no other
> reasons to revise the document (and you believe changes are needed).
>
> Jari
>