Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-art LC review of draft-pal-eidr-urn-01

From: Elwyn Davies <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2014 17:53:22 +0100

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. For background on
Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at

<http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments
you may receive.

Document: draft-pal-eidr-urn-01.txt
Reviewer: Elwyn Davies
Review Date: 25 April 2014
IETF LC End Date: 16 May 2014
IESG Telechat date: (if known) -

Summary: Ready with very minor nits.

Query/Suggestion:  I don't know if creating IANA registries for
EIDR-PREFIXes and corresponding EIDR-SUFFIX types has been considered.
If additional prefixes are likely to have the same suffix format (i.e.,
just fulfilling a need for more space), then considerable future effort
could be avoided by using expert review by someone from EIRA or SMPTE to
add new prefixes.  Of course it may be that new prefixes are not likely
to be needed too often and anyway would need a new suffix format, in
which case this is irrelevant.  Just a thought!

Major issues:
None

Minor issues:
None

Nits/editorial comments:
Header: Shouuld spcify the intended status (which is Informational
according to the tracker).

Abstact: s/global/globally/

s1, para 2: s/time of registration/the time of registration/

s2 title and para 1: It would be more appropriate to title this section 
   'Completed URN Namespace Definition Template'
and make para 1 something like:
   The namespece definition according to the template in [RFC3406] is as
follows:

s2, example:
The example http://doi.org/10.5240/68DD-341E-03EE-4BB8-1761-Q is a
working EIDR DOI for the movie "Superman Returns".  Whilst this
illustrates the namespace very well, it is normally good to use a dummy
example to avoid any downstream issues (I don't see that the owners of
the film would complain, but other might look on it as favouritism). 
Would it be possible to create a dummy working EIDR that could be used
in the RFC?