Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART Review of draft-ietf-ppsp-survey-08

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 11:15:25 -0400

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. For background on
Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at
<http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments
you may receive.

Document: draft-ietf-ppsp-survey-08
Reviewer: Russ Housley
Review Date: 2014-06-20
IETF LC End Date: 2014-06-30
IESG Telechat date: unknown

Summary:  Almost Ready

Major Concerns:  None

Minor Concerns:

- Section 4.5 talks about differences between Tribler and BitTorrent;
  however, BitTorrent has not been described.  The authors need to
  describe BitTorrent before this section, or this section needs to be
  written without comparison to BitTorrent.  At a minimum, a reference
  to a description of BitTorrent is needed here.

- Section 4.6: Please include references for CDN and STUN.

- Section 7: I cannot figure out the sentence that is trying to justify
  the selection of ECC over RSA.  The sentence needs to be rewritten to
  be comprehensible.

- Section 7: Please include a reference for ISO/IEC 9798-3.

Other Comments:

- Section 1 (near bottom of page 3): This is awkward: "... which join
  dynamically the system ..."  I suggest: "... which join the system
  dynamically ..."

- Section 1 (near the top of page 4): I encourage you to avoid the use
  of "regulates".  I suggest:

  - the "tracker protocol" for interaction between trackers and peers;
  - the "peer protocol" for interaction between peers.

  The use of "regulates" appears elsewhere too, and in each case it
  caused to to ask what the authors are really trying to say.  In my
  opinion, the reader will be served by rewording in every one of these
  sentences.

- Section 4.1: s/living streaming content/live streaming content/

- Figure 2: s/Peer3/Peer 3/

- Section 4.2: This is awkward: "PPLive website reached 50 millions of
  visitors for the opening ceremony of Beijing 2008 Olympics, ..."  I
  suggest: "The PPLive website served 50 million visitors during the
  Beijing 2008 Olympics opening ceremony, ..."
  
- Section 4.2: s/PPLIVE/PPLive/

- Section 4.3: s/As it can be seen also in Figure 4, there/
                /Figure 4 also shows that there/