Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-ospf-te-metric-extensions-09

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2014 12:13:34 -0800

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. For background on
Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at
< http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Please wait for direction from your document shepherd
or AD before posting a new version of the draft.

Document: draft-ietf-ospf-te-metric-extensions-09
Reviewer: Martin Thomson
Review Date: 2014-12-29
IETF LC End Date: 2014-12-24 (nice)
IESG Telechat date: 2015-01-08

Summary: Good for PS with some minor issues.

Observations:

I find it a little disappointing that measurement techniques are so
nebulously defined.  Values are measured over "a period" using "some
method, which might be RFC 6374".  The "A" bit threshold is "a
configured value".  That means that a consumer of this information has
to take a lot on faith.  I have to assume that this is because we
can't do better.

Minor issues:
Please ensure that all the field descriptions include some textual
indication of the size of the field.  Type and length are always 16
bits each, so those can be assumed from RFC 3630.

As above, please specify the specific IEEE 754 floating point format,
i.e., "single precision".  Otherwise you have to look at the figures
to work out how many bits to use for the value and figures should be
strictly informational.

Nits:
Section 10 is missing a period.