Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART Last Call review of draft-ietf-stox-chat-10

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2015 12:55:47 +1300

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. For background on
Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at
<http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments
you may receive.

Document: draft-ietf-stox-chat-10.txt
Reviewer: Brian Carpenter
Review Date: 2015-02-21
IETF LC End Date: 2015-03-02
IESG Telechat date: 2015-03-05

Summary: Ready
--------

Comment:
--------

This is a well-written document, even for one who knows nothing
of XMPP or MSRP details. It strongly reminds me of the days when
we had to build file transfer protocol gateways between FTP,
FTAM and various proprietary protocols - the main problem was
mapping non-congruent state machines into one another. The current
draft has an amusing example: "idle" legitimately maps to "active".
I expect that full deployment will reveal issues that haven't been
noticed yet, so I also expect to see this document back for
revisions in a few years.