Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART Telechat review of draft-ietf-htpbis-rfc7238bis-02.txt

From: Suresh Krishnan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2015 23:44:41 -0500

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. For background on
Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at
<http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>

Please wait for direction from your document shepherd or AD before 
posting a new version of the draft.

Document: draft-ietf-httpbis-rfc7238bis-02.txt
Reviewer: Suresh Krishnan
Review Date: 2015/02/03
IESG Telechat date: 2015/02/05

Summary: This draft is ready for publication as a Proposed Standard. I 
do have a nit you may want to look at, but feel free to ignore.

Nit:

As it is just a republication of the experimental RFC7238, I went over 
and ran the tests at

http://greenbytes.de/tech/tc/httpredirects/#l-308

with both Firefox and Chrome on Linux. When I ran the t308methods test 
which stated "method should be preserved in all cases", I got an error 
for the TRACE method. This is probably due to the fact that the test 
server has disabled TRACE. I think it would be nice to remove TRACE from 
the test suite so that an ugly error would not show up :-). Or 
alternatively, if support for TRACE redirects is required, enable it on 
the server so that it can be tested

Thanks
Suresh

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2015 07:25:08 +0100

> the server so that it can be tested

Browsers disable TRACE in XMLHttpRequest; this has nothing to do with 
what the server does.

Best regards, Julian

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2015 23:04:27 +0800

Thanks for your review, Suresh.

Jari

On 04 Feb 2015, at 12:44, Suresh Krishnan <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Please wait for direction from your document shepherd or AD before posting a new version of the draft.
> 
> Summary: This draft is ready for publication as a Proposed Standard. I do have a nit you may want to look at, but feel free to ignore.
> 
> Nit:
> 
> As it is just a republication of the experimental RFC7238, I went over and ran the tests at
> 
> with both Firefox and Chrome on Linux. When I ran the t308methods test which stated "method should be preserved in all cases", I got an error for the TRACE method. This is probably due to the fact that the test server has disabled TRACE. I think it would be nice to remove TRACE from the test suite so that an ugly error would not show up :-). Or alternatively, if support for TRACE redirects is required, enable it on the server so that it can be tested
> 
> Thanks
> Suresh
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Gen-art mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art