Subject: [Gen-art] Last Call Review of draft-ietf-tls-sslv3-diediedie-02

From: Tom Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2015 19:21:33 -0400

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. For background on
Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at

<http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments
you may receive.

Document: draft-ietf-tls-sslv3-diediedie-02
Reviewer: Tom Taylor
Review Date: 29 Mar 2015
IETF LC End Date: 30 Mar 20154
IESG Telechat date: (if known)

Summary: This document is good to go subject to the resolution of nits. 
Note normative downrefs to Informational RFC 4492 and Historic RFC 6101.

Major issues:

Minor issues:

Nits/editorial comments:

1. IDNits has a number of complaints that should be resolved:
   -- the UPDATES mentions RFC 5246 but it is not identified in the 
Abstract. Rather, "the TLS RFCs" are cited. Could I suggest adding "and 
explicitly RFC 5246" after that phrase. I can see where adding the 
others would get into a bit of a mess because they are obsoleted.
   -- a second IDNits complaint relates to missing RFC 2119 boilerplate.
   -- finally, there are several complaints about references, at least 
one of which is readily fixable.
   -- the other complaints relate to references.

2. Editorial style: Introduction first sentence: I'd suggest moving the 
phrase "since it was released in 1996" to the beginning of the sentence, 
followed by a comma.

3. Incomplete thought: Introduction final sentence:

OLD
SSLv3 now follows.

NEW
This view is now extended to include SSLv3.