Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-art telechat review of draft-ietf-teas-rsvp-te-li-lb-04.txt

From: Elwyn Davies <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2015 18:18:42 +0000

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. For background on
Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at
< http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Please wait for direction from your document shepherd
or AD before posting a new version of the draft.

Document: draft-ietf-teas-rsvp-te-li-lb-04.txt
Reviewer: Elwyn Davies
Review Date: 2015/03/03
IETF LC End Date: 2015/02/18
IESG Telechat date: 20150305

Summary: Almost ready for PS.  I noticed at a late stage in the last 
call reviewing process that the requirement that the hop before a 
loopback node should be a strict hop was unnecessary.  The draft editor, 
Dong Jie, has agreed that this is the case and is checking that the 
removal of this constraint is acceptable to the other authors.  There is 
one other outstanding fix agreed for a nit. Otherwise all my last call 
comments have been cleared.  Thanks.

Major issues:
None

Minor issues:
s3.2, para 2, et seq:
The requirement that the hop before the loopback entity MUST be a strict 
hop is unnecessary.  The essential constraint (which is fully specified 
in the -04 draft) is that the entity at which loopback is to occur has 
to be uniquely identified (i.e., it can't be an 'abstract node' 
signifying (potentially) a group of nodes, such as an AS).  I have 
discussed this with Dong Jie, as editor, and he has agreed that the 
constraint is not needed.  A new version of the draft removing the 
constraint is in hand, pending agreement with the other authors and 
checking with the WG.

Nits/editorial comments:

s3.2, para 3:
OLD :

    Currently, the type value MUST be verified to be
    less than 32, and for type values 1 and 2, the prefix length MUST be
    32 and 128 respectively.

NEW:
    Currently, the type value MUST be verified to be
    less than 32 (i.e., able to identify a specific entity where a 
loopback can
    occur, see Section 4.3), and for type values 1 (IPv4 address) and 2 
(IPv6
    address), the prefix length MUST be 32 and 128 respectively.