Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART Telechat review of draft-sparks-genarea-review-tracker-03.txt

From: Suresh Krishnan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2015 03:17:46 +0000

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. For background on
Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at
<http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>

Please wait for direction from your document shepherd or AD before
posting a new version of the draft.

Document: draft-sparks-genarea-review-tracker-03.txt
Reviewer: Suresh Krishnan
Review Date: 2015/09/01
IESG Telechat date: 2015/09/03

Summary: The draft is ready for publication as an Informational RFC but 
I do have some comments you may wish to address.

* Section 2

Not sure what the "draft's primary email alias" refers to. Is this the 
[email-masked] or [email-masked]? In either case it may make 
sense to clarify.

* Section 3.3

"A reviewer must be able to configure the tool to remind them when 
actions are due."

It would be nice if the tool would allow the reviewer to set an 
individually customizable lead time here. e.g. Remind 2 days before the 
LC is due or 3 days before the Telechat.

* Not sure if this should be in Section 3.2 or 3.3 but it would be nice 
of the deadlines for review would automatically be changed when the 
document is rescheduled to another telechat and the secretary and 
reviewer are simply notified.

* Section 3.4

Shouldn't it be possible for the review requester (e.g. an AD) to set an 
earlier deadline manually for one or more reviews (e.g. due to 
travel/vacation)?

Thanks
Suresh

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2015 09:51:57 -0500

Thanks Suresh!

> [email-masked] or [email-masked]? In either case it may make
We could (and it would be easy), but why? This is an informational 
section to capture background. As it notes at the beginning it is "not 
intended to be comprehensive documentation of how review teams operate." 
I don't think adding the detail will help whoever is implementing to the 
requirements in this document.

> LC is due or 3 days before the Telechat.
Yes, but rather than try to get it done as part of this project,  I 
think this would be a good feature to add during a codesprint once the 
base tool is available. Would that work for you?
> reviewer are simply notified.
Agreed. I think, again, this is a feature we can add at a codesprint - 
defers are really unusual.

> earlier deadline manually for one or more reviews (e.g. due to
That's intended already, and the suggested models support that.
We can add a requirement making it even more explicit, but fwiw, this is 
something that wouldn't get missed as the tool got developed even if we 
didn't.

---

From: Suresh Krishnan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2015 03:31:12 +0000

Hi Robert,
   Thanks for your quick response. Your explanations sound good.

> requirements in this document.

Right, but the phrase "draft's primary email alias" does not mean much 
without further clarification. I was not looking to add the email alias 
verbatim to the text but to provide a better description of what "the 
primary alias" means. Since this is just descriptive text I guess it is 
OK to leave it as ia.

> base tool is available. Would that work for you?

Great. That works for me.

> defers are really unusual.

OK.

> something that wouldn't get missed as the tool got developed even if we

OK.

Thanks
Suresh