Subject: [Gen-art] Genart Telechat review of draft-ietf-payload-vp8-16.txt

From: Elwyn Davies <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2015 20:15:35 +0100

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. The General Area
Review Team (Gen-ART) reviews all IETF documents being processed
by the IESG for the IETF Chair. Please wait for direction from your
document shepherd or AD before posting a new version of the draft.

For more information, please see the FAQ at

<http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Document: draft-ietf-payload-vp8-17.txt
Reviewer: Elwyn Davies
Review Date: 2015/09/11
IETF 2nd LC End Date: 2015/07/13
IESG Telechat date: 2015/09/17

Summary: Ready with minor nits.  Thanks for addressing nearly all my 
comments from the 2nd LC review.  The remaining two points are noted 
below. THere is also a point made elsewhere about the Media Type 
Definition.

Major issues:
None.

Minor issues:
s4.2: The consequences of not starting PictureID and/or TL0PICIDX at 
random values (and/or the rationale for starting at random values) is 
not discussed.

Nits/editorial comments:
s4.2: I still consider it undesirable to have two pairs of bit fields 
with the same name (X and M).  Flagging that they are duplicates helps a 
bit but where the values are referred to elsewhere ambiguity remains 
about which of the fields is implied.

s6.1:
>        These parameters are used to signal the capabilities of a receiver
>        implementation.  If the implementation is willing to receive
>        media, both parameters MUST be provided.  These parameters MUST
>        NOT be used for any other purpose.
The latter two sentences would be better placed in s.6.