Subject: [Gen-art] [Gen-Art] Review: draft-ietf-ace-usecases-07

From: "Joel M. Halpern" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2015 01:55:42 -0400

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. The General Area
Review Team (Gen-ART) reviews all IETF documents being processed
by the IESG for the IETF Chair. Please wait for direction from your
document shepherd or AD before posting a new version of the draft.

For more information, please see the FAQ at

<http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Document: draft-ietf-ace-usecases-07
     ACE use cases
Reviewer: Joel M. Halpern
Review Date: 15-Oct-2015
IETF LC End Date: 22-Oct-2015
IESG Telechat date: 22-Oct-2015

Summary: This document is ready to be published as an Informational RFC.

Major issues: N/A

Minor issues:
     I believe ACE should be spelled out in the title.

     I am mildly concerned that some of the requirements may be 
undecidable or unmeetable, such as a requirement for easily sanitizing a 
log to leave needed historical information while removing personal 
information (U2.12).  I understand the motivation for this.  But I think 
the document might be helped by a warning about their being conflicting 
goals within or among some requirements.

Nits/editorial comments: N/A

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2015 14:57:17 +0100

Thanks for this, Joel. I agree with your suggestion.

Jari

On 16 Oct 2015, at 06:55, Joel M. Halpern <[email-masked]> wrote:

>    I am mildly concerned that some of the requirements may be undecidable or unmeetable, such as a requirement for easily sanitizing a log to leave needed historical information while removing personal information (U2.12).  I understand the motivation for this.  But I think the document might be helped by a warning about their being conflicting goals within or among some requirements.
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Gen-art mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art