Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART Last Call review of draft-ietf-ippm-active-passive-04

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2015 14:43:19 +1300

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. The General Area
Review Team (Gen-ART) reviews all IETF documents being processed
by the IESG for the IETF Chair.  Please treat these comments just
like any other last call comments.

For more information, please see the FAQ at
<http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Document: draft-ietf-ippm-active-passive-04.txt
Reviewer: Brian Carpenter
Review Date: 2015-12-16
IETF LC End Date: 2015-12-24
IESG Telechat date:

Summary: Almost ready
--------

Minor Issue:
------------

   We note that [I-D.chen-ippm-coloring-based-ipfpm-framework] proposes
   a method similar to [I-D.tempia-opsawg-p3m], and ippm-list discussion
   indicates [I-D.chen-ippm-coloring-based-ipfpm-framework] may be
   covered by the same IPR as [I-D.tempia-opsawg-p3m].

I suggest removing the IPR comment. It may be an issue, but not for this
draft. We generally avoid taking a position on IPR applicablity (in fact,
our lawyer tells us not to do so).

---

From: "MORTON, ALFRED C (AL)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2015 07:48:07 -0500

Thanks for your review, Brian.  I propose:

   We note that [I-D.chen-ippm-coloring-based-ipfpm-framework] proposes
   a method similar to [I-D.tempia-opsawg-p3m], as ippm-list discussion
   revealed.

hope that does it,
Al

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Brian E Carpenter [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Tuesday, December 15, 2015 8:43 PM
> To: [email-masked]; General Area Review
> Team
> Subject: Gen-ART Last Call review of draft-ietf-ippm-active-passive-04
>

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2015 08:03:00 +1300

Hi Al, yes, that is much better IMHO.

Regards
   Brian