Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-art LC review of draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-failover-14

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2015 15:40:09 +0000

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. The General Area
Review Team (Gen-ART) reviews all IETF documents being processed
by the IESG for the IETF Chair. Please wait for direction from your
document shepherd or AD before posting a new version of the draft.

For more information, please see the FAQ at

<http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Document: draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-failover-14
Reviewer: Alexey Melnikov
Review Date: 2015-12-23
IETF LC End Date: 2015-12-23
IESG Telechat date: (if known) N/A

Summary: Ready with a couple of minor points that need to be clarified.

Major issues:
None

Minor issues:

In Section 5

    However as [RFC4960] switchback behavior is
    suboptimal in certain situations, especially in scenarios where a
    number of equally good paths are available, an SCTP implementation
    MAY support also, as alternative behavior, the Primary Path
    Switchover mode of operation and MAY enable it based on users’
    requests.

Did you really mean "users" (human beings) and not "applications" 
(programs) here? I.e., is this something that needs to be exposed in 
APIs or User Interfaces.

In Section 7.1: should new constants be defined with specific numeric 
values, in order to improve interoperability?