Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-i2rs-architecture-13

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2016 18:53:54 -0500

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. The General Area
Review Team (Gen-ART) reviews all IETF documents being processed
by the IESG for the IETF Chair. Please wait for direction from your
document shepherd or AD before posting a new version of the draft.

For more information, please see the FAQ at
<http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Document: draft-ietf-i2rs-architecture-13
Reviewer: Russ Housley
Review Date: 2016-03-06
IETF LC End Date: 2016-03-14
IESG Telechat date: unknown

Summary: Ready.

Major Concerns: None

Minor Concerns:

Section 4.2 talks about authorization.  I would expect policy to
dictate that some writes come from a specific source, but it is
unclear to me whether I2RS can require that a particular write
request arrive on a particular channel.  Is this desirable?  If so,
please expand the discussion of authorization to cover this point.

Nits:

Sometimes you say "i2rs architecture", but it should say "I2RS
architecture" to be consistent throughout the document.

Sometimes you say "I2RS Agent" and other times you say "I2RS agent".
Please pick one and use it consistently.

Sometimes you say "I2RS Client" and other times you say "I2RS client".
Please pick one and use it consistently.

Section 3: s/ may may vary based / may vary based /

Section 6.3: s/ the yang data model / the YANG data model /

Section 6.4.2: some bullets have periods, but others do not.

Section 7.1: s/ Yang / YANG / (more than one place)

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2016 08:59:27 +0000

Thanks you review, Russ!

I do agree with your questions though. Authors, do you have any responses?

Jari

On 06 Mar 2016, at 23:53, Russ Housley <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> Gen-art mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art

---

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2016 07:46:21 -0400

Russ:

I apologize for the delayed response. I thought I had responded earlier.  I
appreciate Jari's email that reminded me I had not sent this email.  

The policy dictates that writes can come from a particular specific source,
but we are not requiring things to come on a particular channel.   This is
not desirable because we are allowing writes to come on multiple channels
(RESTCONF/NETCONF - at least). 

Is the authorization section 4.2 - sufficient if this is the case? 

Sue 

-----Original Message-----
From: Russ Housley [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Sunday, March 06, 2016 6:54 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: IETF Gen-ART
Subject: Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-i2rs-architecture-13

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. The General Area Review
Team (Gen-ART) reviews all IETF documents being processed by the IESG for
the IETF Chair. Please wait for direction from your document shepherd or AD
before posting a new version of the draft.

Summary: Ready.

Major Concerns: None

Minor Concerns:

Section 4.2 talks about authorization.  I would expect policy to dictate
that some writes come from a specific source, but it is unclear to me
whether I2RS can require that a particular write request arrive on a
particular channel.  Is this desirable?  If so, please expand the discussion
of authorization to cover this point.

Nits:

Sometimes you say "i2rs architecture", but it should say "I2RS architecture"
to be consistent throughout the document.

---

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2016 08:18:28 -0400

Jari: 

Thank you for your ping.  I thought I answered this on March 6th, but alas I
did not.  I send the response today. 

Sue 

-----Original Message-----
From: Jari Arkko [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2016 4:59 AM
To: Russ Housley
Cc: [email-masked]; IETF Gen-ART
Subject: Re: [Gen-art] Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-i2rs-architecture-13

Thanks you review, Russ!

Jari

On 06 Mar 2016, at 23:53, Russ Housley <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Review Team (Gen-ART) reviews all IETF documents being processed by 
> the IESG for the IETF Chair. Please wait for direction from your 
> unclear to me whether I2RS can require that a particular write request 
> arrive on a particular channel.  Is this desirable?  If so, please 
> expand the discussion of authorization to cover this point.
> 
> 
> Nits:
>