Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-art telechat review of draft-ietf-l2tpext-sbfd-discriminator-05

From: Elwyn Davies <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2016 18:41:25 +0100

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. The General Area
Review Team (Gen-ART) reviews all IETF documents being processed
by the IESG for the IETF Chair. Please wait for direction from your
document shepherd or AD before posting a new version of the draft.

For more information, please see the FAQ at

<http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Document: draft-ietf-l2tpext-sbfd-discriminator-05.txt
Reviewer: Elwyn Davies
Review Date: 2016/04/27
IETF LC End Date: 2016/04/05
IESG Telechat date: 2016/05/05

Summary: Ready.  Thanks for fixing the nits and issue from my last call 
review.

NOTE:  I noted that the related document, 
draft-ietf-ospf-sbfd-discriminator-04 that is also on the telechat 
agenda, provides for the transmission of multiple discriminators in the 
same way as this document does for l2tp.  The words in the OSPF version 
match as far as declaring decisions as to what multiple discriminators 
are used for to be out of scope.  However, unlike the l2tp document, the 
ospf document does not indicate what the discriminator is intended to be 
associated with if there is only one.  It would be desirable to make the 
documents consistent.

This note also applies to draft-ietf-isis-sbfd-discriminator-02 which is 
already in the RFC Editor queue.

The out of scope comment and indication of what a single discriminator 
would be used for also needs to be added to 
draft-zhuang-idr-bgp-ls-sbfd-extensions which is still in progress.