Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-Art review of draft-ietf-core-block-19

From: Jouni Korhonen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2016 15:17:08 -0700

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. The General Area
Review Team (Gen-ART) reviews all IETF documents being processed
by the IESG for the IETF Chair.  Please treat these comments just
like any other last call comments.

For more information, please see the FAQ at

<http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Document: draft-ietf-core-block-19
Reviewer: Jouni Korhonen
Review Date: 4/18/2016
IETF LC End Date: 4/12/2016
IESG Telechat date: 4/21/2016

Summary: Ready with nits

Major issues: none.

Minor issues:

* The intoduction mentions that the block transfwer can be used for 
random access. This is not separately described anywhere in the 
documents. Although the operation is more or less trivial I would 
appreciate an example or some text there because the Block2 overloads 
the NUM value 0 with special meaning (for the cases where the first ever 
accessed block is not the block number 0).

Nits/editorial comments:

* There are few issues with capitalization (e.g., section vs Section), 
which I believe the RFC Editor will handle without me pointing at them.

* The document has a tendency of using long portions of text inside 
braces, sometimes even in a middle of a paragraph. I would strongly 
suggest either making those part of the normal text flow or a separate 
(intended) editor's note if they for some reason cannot be part of the 
normal text flow.