Subject: [Gen-art] GEN-Art LC review of draft-ietf-jose-cfrg-curves-05

From: "Roni Even" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2016 23:40:43 +0300

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. For background on
Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at
<http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments you
may receive.

Document:  draft-ietf-jose-cfrg-curves-05

Reviewer: Roni Even

Review Date:2016-8-8

IETF LC End Date: 2016-8-12

IESG Telechat date: 

Summary: This draft is ready for publication as a standard track RFC.

Major issues:

Minor issues:

Nits/editorial comments:

1.	In the introduction "This document defines how those are to be used
algorithms in JOSE in interoperable manner." Change to "This document
defines how to use those algorithms in JOSE in interoperable manner."
2.	Section 1 "This document defines the conventions to be used" change
to "This document defines the conventions to use"
3.	I find the sentence "(Trying to apply ECDSA to those curves leads to
nasty corner-cases and produces odd   results.)"  may need some explanation
or reference.
4.	In the last paragraph of section 1 you have "the" twice.

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2016 14:21:27 +0200

Thanks for your review, Roni!

Authors, did you observe the editorial suggestions?

Jari