Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART Review of draft-ietf-avtext-rid-06

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2016 11:09:17 -0400

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. The General Area
Review Team (Gen-ART) reviews all IETF documents being processed
by the IESG for the IETF Chair. Please wait for direction from your
document shepherd or AD before posting a new version of the draft.

For more information, please see the FAQ at
<http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Document: draft-ietf-avtext-rid-06
Reviewer: Russ Housley
Review Date: 2016-08-05
IETF LC End Date: 2016-08-12
IESG Telechat date: unknown

Summary: Ready

Major Concerns: None

Minor Concerns:

I think it would be useful to move the last paragraph in Section 3.3
into a Privacy Considerations section.  This would also eliminate the
need for a pointer at the beginning of the Security Considerations.

Nits:

Please spell out SDES and SSRC the first time the term is used in
the body of the document.

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2016 19:00:07 +0300

Russ,

Many thanks for your reviews, including this one. I plan to ballot no-objection for this draft.

> need for a pointer at the beginning of the Security Considerations.

Did the authors note this potential suggestion? (I’m fine either way.)

I looked at the document and found it to be ok.

Did everyone notice that the two privacy paragraphs from Section 4 were removed? I think they could be removed safely, but just making an observation.

Jari