Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART telechat review of draft-hardy-pdf-mime-02

From: Dan Romascanu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2016 09:54:34 +0300

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. The General Area Review
Team (Gen-ART) reviews all IETF documents being processed by the IESG for
the IETF Chair. Please wait for direction from your document shepherd or AD
before posting a new version of the draft.

For more information, please see the FAQ at

<https://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__trac.tools.ietf.org_area_gen_trac_wiki_GenArtfaq-26gt-3B&d=CwQFAg&c=BFpWQw8bsuKpl1SgiZH64Q&r=I4dzGxR31OcNXCJfQzvlsiLQfucBXRucPvdrphpBsFA&m=46DarYSqfwFwairpNQghctLv0_-3vtI5Yli0LHrV2CE&s=k4mhdfQkivJqO5O6mbuSNSYk2vW8dwUF7RKtiqWGSI4&e=>
.

Document: draft-hardy-pdf-mime-02

Reviewer: Dan Romascanu

Review Date: 07/07/16

IETF LC End Date: 07/21/16

IESG Telechat date:9/1/16

Summary: Ready.

This informational document which obsoletes RFC 3778 provides an overview
of the PDF format and updates the media type registration of
“application/pdf” by aligning it with RFC 6838. I am no expert in
application formats, but the document seems to be well informed and clearly
written. A couple of nits generate id-nits warnings (updating RFC 3778 is
not mentioned in the Abstract, one unused reference) that can be easily
fixed during the RFC Editor processing.

Major issues:

Minor issues:

Nits/editorial comments: