Subject: [Gen-art] review of draft-murchison-nntp-compress-05.txt

From: Francis Dupont <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2016 15:56:28 +0200

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. The General Area
Review Team (Gen-ART) reviews all IETF documents being processed
by the IESG for the IETF Chair.  Please treat these comments just
like any other last call comments.

For more information, please see the FAQ at

<http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Document: draft-murchison-nntp-compress-05.txt
Reviewer: Francis Dupont
Review Date: 20160922
IETF LC End Date: 20161010
IESG Telechat date: unknown

Summary: Ready

Major issues: None

Minor issues: None

Nits/editorial comments:
 - ToC page 2 and A page 21: Acknowledgements -> Acknowledgments

 - 2.2.1 page 5: e.g. -> e.g.,

 - 3 page 11: e.g, -> e.g.,

 - 7.1.1 page 15: I strongly suggest to not name the algorithm X,
  i.e., Subject: Registration of NNTP compression algorithm X -> Z

 - 7.1.2 page 16: if you can do that (or ask the RFC Editor):
  insert a line break before "(<ietf-" in place than between
  this and "nntp@...".

 - Authors' Addresses: I suggest to change US into USA. BTW if you
  prefer ISO IS 3166 2 letter codes you should change France into FR

Regards

[email-masked]

PS: about the not ASCII characters in Authors' Addresses, you can (should)
ask the RFC Editor for guidelines (I know things are changing about
this point but not what will be implemented before the publication
of this document...)

---

From: Julien ÉLIE <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2016 22:13:29 +0200

Bonjour Francis,

First of all, thanks for your review.

>  - ToC page 2 and A page 21: Acknowledgements -> Acknowledgments

I'm using xml2rfc with <?rfc rfcedstyle="yes" ?> that enforces 
"Acknowledgements".  It then seems that the current preferences of the 
RFC Editor have changed.  I'll deactivate that option, and verify it 
does not break something else elsewhere.

>   i.e., Subject: Registration of NNTP compression algorithm X -> Z

OK.

>   insert a line break before "(<ietf-" in place than between

Yes, I can do that with an unbreakable hyphen "(<ietf&nbhy;nntp@...".

>   prefer ISO IS 3166 2 letter codes you should change France into FR

Noted.

> this point but not what will be implemented before the publication

Thanks for the piece of advice.
Should I contact the RFC Editor right now, or once the document will 
reach them?

-- 
Julien ÉLIE

« Un voyage de mille lieues commence toujours par un premier pas. »
   (Lao Zi)