Subject: [Gen-art] review of draft-freytag-lager-variant-rules-02.txt

From: Francis Dupont <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2017 17:47:21 +0100

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. The General Area
Review Team (Gen-ART) reviews all IETF documents being processed
by the IESG for the IETF Chair.  Please treat these comments just
like any other last call comments.

For more information, please see the FAQ at

<https://trac.ietf.org/trac/gen/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Document: draft-freytag-lager-variant-rules-02.txt
Reviewer: Francis Dupont
Review Date: 20170121
IETF LC End Date: 20170214
IESG Telechat date: unknown

Summary: Not Ready

Major issues: this document is not understable at all without a
previous reading of RFC7940

Minor issues: None

Nits/editorial comments: 
 - IDN is not a well known abbrev so must be expanded in Abstract
  and in the body (cf for the list of abbrevs
  http://www.rfc-editor.org/materials/abbrev.expansion.txt)

 - title page 1: likely should be changed to include more context

 - ToC page 1 and A page 19: Acknowledgements -> Acknowledgments

 - 1 page 2: please add more context from the beginning
  (or simply stands that to read the document one must know RFC 7940)

Regards

[email-masked]

PS: I have not (yet) read RFC 7940 (I review paper I-Ds in public
transportation so without access to the RFC collection  :-).