Subject: [Gen-art] review of draft-kivinen-802-15-ie-04.txt

From: Francis Dupont <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2017 13:48:21 +0100

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. The General Area
Review Team (Gen-ART) reviews all IETF documents being processed
by the IESG for the IETF Chair.  Please treat these comments just
like any other last call comments.

For more information, please see the FAQ at

<https://trac.ietf.org/trac/gen/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Document: draft-kivinen-802-15-ie-04.txt
Reviewer: Francis Dupont
Review Date: 20170210
IETF LC End Date: 20170214
IESG Telechat date: 20170224

Summary: Ready

Major issues: None

Minor issues: None

Nits/editorial comments: 
 - ToC page 1 and 3 page 3 (title): Benefitting -> Benefiting

 - 3 page 3 (suggest):  CoRE etc, ->  CoRE, etc,

 - 4 page 3: reading the document I had a question about the "no need
  ... to specify the internal structure" but the reason became clear
  the next page. So I have no concern about this.

Regards 

[email-masked]

---

From: Francesca Palombini <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2017 12:15:59 +0000

Francis, thanks a lot for your review.

Francesca

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Francis Dupont [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: den 15 februari 2017 13:48
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: review of draft-kivinen-802-15-ie-04.txt
> 
> I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. The General Area Review
> Team (Gen-ART) reviews all IETF documents being processed by the IESG for
> the IETF Chair.  Please treat these comments just like any other last call
> comments.
>

---

From: Tero Kivinen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2017 14:27:29 +0200

>  - 3 page 3 (suggest):  CoRE etc, ->  CoRE, etc,

Fixed.

>   the next page. So I have no concern about this.

That text was rewritten to say:

   Since the 802.15.4 standard defines a list of payload IEs along with
   their structures, there is no need for this document to specify the
   internal structure inside the IETF IE.  The Payload IE format of IEEE
   802.15.4 contains the Length field.  The length of the subtype
   content can be calculated from the IEEE 802.15.4 Payload IE Length
   field of the IETF IE.
-- 
[email-masked]