Subject: [Gen-art] review of draft-freytag-lager-variant-rules-05.txt

From: Francis Dupont <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2017 14:39:07 +0200

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. The General Area
Review Team (Gen-ART) reviews all IETF documents being processed
by the IESG for the IETF Chair.  Please treat these comments just
like any other last call comments.

For more information, please see the FAQ at

<https://trac.ietf.org/trac/gen/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Document: draft-freytag-lager-variant-rules-05.txt
Reviewer: Francis Dupont
Review Date: 20170516
IETF LC End Date: 20170515
IESG Telechat date: unknown

Summary: Ready with Nits

Major issues: None

Minor issues: None

Nits/editorial comments: 
 - 1 page 2: as the document cannot be understood without reading the
  RFC 7940 the reference to RFC 79040 must be moved as early as
  possible (I suggest just after the LGRs introduction and the warning
  "However, the reader is expected to have some familiarity..." emphased
  and moved to earlier in the section.
 (I already raised thos concern at my first review, it wasn't fixed
 but for this second review I had the 82 pages of RFC 7940 with me :-)

Regards

[email-masked]

PS: I don't think it will work for the languages I used but it is
an information document based on some experiments so what matters
is it can help even it is not for general cases...