Subject: [Gen-art] Genart last call review of draft-weis-gdoi-rekey-ack-05

From: Roni Even <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2017 01:03:57 -0700

Reviewer: Roni Even
Review result: Almost Ready

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. The General Area
Review Team (Gen-ART) reviews all IETF documents being processed
by the IESG for the IETF Chair.  Please treat these comments just
like any other last call comments.

For more information, please see the FAQ at

<https://trac.ietf.org/trac/gen/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Document: draft-weis-gdoi-rekey-ack-??
Reviewer: Roni Even
Review Date: 2017-06-26
IETF LC End Date: 2017-07-17
IESG Telechat date: Not scheduled for a telechat

Summary:
The document is almost ready for publication as standard track document
Major issues:

Minor issues:

1. In section 2 it says "A GM  receiving the KEK_ACK_REQUESTED attribute can
choose to ignore it, thus appearing as if it does not support the
KEK_ACK_REQUESTED  attribute.". Any reason for the GM to ignore the message? 2.
In section 4 and section 6 it says the the GM SHOULD send an acknowledgement
message. Is there a case when the GM should not send and if not why is this a
SHOULD and not a MUST? 3.  In section 6 "A non-receipt of an Acknowledgement is
an indication that a GM is  either unable or unwilling  to respond".  What
about if the Acknowledgement message was lost? Any reliability procedure?

Nits/editorial comments:

1. In section 6 "Also a GM may be  willing or able to respond with an
GROUPKEY-PUSH ACK " . I cannot parse this sentence in the context of the section