Subject: [Gen-art] Genart last call review of draft-ietf-curdle-ssh-ed25519-ed448-07

From: Linda Dunbar <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2019 19:50:40 -0800

Reviewer: Linda Dunbar
Review result: Ready with Issues

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. The General Area
Review Team (Gen-ART) reviews all IETF documents being processed
by the IESG for the IETF Chair.  Please treat these comments just
like any other last call comments.

For more information, please see the FAQ at

<https://trac.ietf.org/trac/gen/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Document: draft-ietf-curdle-ssh-ed25519-ed448-??
Reviewer: Linda Dunbar
Review Date: 2019-01-06
IETF LC End Date: 2019-01-04
IESG Telechat date: Not scheduled for a telechat

Summary:

This document proposes two names for public key algorithms (which are specified
by other RFCs): ssh-ed25519 & ssh-ed448

Major issues:

There is no "Standard" being specified by this document. The document has a few
sentences to explain "public key algorithm for use with SSH in accordance with
RFC4253, RFC4251" and give a name. and One sentence to say "Signatures are
generated according to the procedure in RFC8032".

I don't understand why it is "Standard Track" document, non do I understand why
it is a WG document. Does it take a whole WG to come out with a name for an
algorithm specified in an RFC?

Minor issues:

Nits/editorial comments:

Linda Dunbar