Subject: [Gen-art] review of draft-ietf-curdle-gss-keyex-sha2-08.txt (details)

From: Francis Dupont <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2019 15:34:55 +0100

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. The General Area
Review Team (Gen-ART) reviews all IETF documents being processed
by the IESG for the IETF Chair.  Please treat these comments just
like any other last call comments.

For more information, please see the FAQ at

<https://trac.ietf.org/trac/gen/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Document: draft-ietf-curdle-gss-keyex-sha2-08
Reviewer: Francis Dupont
Review Date: 2019-01-08
IETF LC End Date: 2019-01-08
IESG Telechat date: Not scheduled for a telechat

Summary: Ready

Major issues: None

Minor issues: None

Nits/editorial comments:
 - section 2 page 2: please add RFC 8174 with RFC 2119
  (note this can (should?) be done by the RFC Editor)

 - 7.3 page 10: I have a mixed feeling about the "must". As the problem
 is real some could want a MUST but the attack is both an example (so
 the defense too) and against a feature which is not the subjet of
 the document. I have no good proposal so I leave this to the security
 directorate.

(spelling)

 - 3 page 3 and 5.2 page 9 table titles: refences -> references

 - 5.2 page 4: Helman -> Hellman

 - 5.1 page 4: trasmitted -> transmitted

 - 5.1 page 5: estalishment -> establishment

Regards

[email-masked]

---

From: Benjamin Kaduk <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2019 09:26:10 -0600

>  the document. I have no good proposal so I leave this to the security

This is a critical security consideration relating to the core 4462 key
exchange mechanism that was omitted from that document's security
considerations.  It may be most natural to treat this entire section as an
Update to the security considerations of 4462 (and accordingly mention that
update in the introduction), since we already have an Updates: relationship
with 4462.

-Ben