Subject: [Gen-art] Genart last call review of draft-faltstrom-unicode11-07

From: Dan Romascanu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2019 03:58:13 -0800

Reviewer: Dan Romascanu
Review result: Ready with Issues

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. The General Area
Review Team (Gen-ART) reviews all IETF documents being processed
by the IESG for the IETF Chair.  Please treat these comments just
like any other last call comments.

For more information, please see the FAQ at

<https://trac.ietf.org/trac/gen/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Document: draft-faltstrom-unicode11-07
Reviewer: Dan Romascanu
Review Date: 2019-02-26
IETF LC End Date: 2019-03-05
IESG Telechat date: 2019-03-07

Summary:

This document describes changes to synchronize IDNA2008 and Unicode 11.0.0 and
makes recommendations for the DNS registries on this respect.

The document is READY with the exception of one issue that needs clarification
concerning the IANA actions.

Major issues:

Minor issues:

The IANA Considerations text is not clear to me.

> IANA is requested to update the IDNA Parameters registry of derived
   property values, after the expert reviewer validates that the derived
   property values are calculated correctly.

What does this exactly say? Are these recommendations for future actions, or do
they refer specifically to property values described in this document? Are the
expert reviewer validation and IDNA Parameters registry update required to be
performed prior to approval of this document?

Nits/editorial comments:

1. in Abstract s/recomments/recommends

2. in Introduction s/follows0/follows