Subject: [Gen-art] Genart last call review of draft-ietf-nfsv4-mv1-msns-update-04

From: Brian Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2019 15:26:12 -0800

Reviewer: Brian Carpenter
Review result: Ready

Gen-ART Last Call review of draft-ietf-nfsv4-mv1-msns-update-04

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. The General Area
Review Team (Gen-ART) reviews all IETF documents being processed
by the IESG for the IETF Chair.  Please treat these comments just
like any other last call comments.

For more information, please see the FAQ at
<http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Document: draft-ietf-nfsv4-mv1-msns-update-04.txt
Reviewer: Brian Carpenter
Review Date: 2019-02-26
IETF LC End Date: 2019-02-19
IESG Telechat date: 2019-03-07

Summary: Ready
--------

Comments: 
---------

I was assigned this review very late, so I have not had time to
review any technical details.

This document is a very major patch to be applied to RFC5661.
It is apparently very carefully written with full details of which
text in 5661 is changed, but even checking that aspect for correctness
would be a major task, which I did not attempt. To be precise, it's
a 106 page patch to a 617 page document. I assume that the WG made
a conscious decision to do this rather than attempt RFC5661bis.

I was a little disappointed not to see an Implementation Status
section per BCP205. The writeup says "This document was a result
of implementation and deployment experience" but it would increase
this reviewer's confidence level if there were a few more details.