Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART Last Call review of draft-ietf-iasa2-rfc4071bis-08

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2019 17:01:26 -0400

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. The General Area 
Review Team (Gen-ART) reviews all IETF documents being processed by the 
IESG for the IETF Chair. Please treat these comments just like any other 
last call comments. For more information, please see the FAQ at 
<​http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Document: draft-ietf-iasa2-rfc4071bis-08
Reviewer: Paul Kyzivat
Review Date: 2019-03-13
IETF LC End Date: 2019-03-18
IESG Telechat date: ?

Summary:

This draft is basically ready for publication, but has nits that should 
be fixed before publication.

Issues:

Major: 0
Minor: 1
Nits:  3

1) NIT:

In the following in section 4.8:

    Any major change to the IASA 2.0 arrangements shall require a similar
    level of community consensus and deliberation and ...

It isn't clear to me what "similar" refers to.

2) NIT:

The following passage from section 6.10:

    Board decisions may be made either by vote communicated in a meeting
    of the Board (including telephonic and video), or via an asynchronous
    written (including electronic) process.  Absentee voting and voting
    by proxy shall not be permitted.

confuses me. Absentee voting isn't permitted, but asynchronous written 
voting is permitted. What is the distinction?

3) NIT:

Regarding the following from section 6.11:

    As a result, an Interim Board was formed on
    a temporary basis until the first full board was constituted.
    ...
    o  One ISOC trustee, selected by the ISOC Board of Trustees

This is written in the past tense, so I guess it has already happened. 
But the "individuals" are only identified in the abstract. I would think 
this should identify specific individuals. Perhaps that isn't necessary 
for the ex officio members since they can be resolved to a particular 
individual at any time. But that isn't so for the ISOC trustee.