Subject: [Gen-art] Genart last call review of draft-ietf-iasa2-rfc2031bis-05

From: Peter Yee via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 04 Aug 2019 10:37:55 -0700

Reviewer: Peter Yee
Review result: Ready with Nits

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. The General Area
Review Team (Gen-ART) reviews all IETF documents being processed
by the IESG for the IETF Chair.  Please treat these comments just
like any other last call comments.

For more information, please see the FAQ at

<https://trac.ietf.org/trac/gen/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Document: draft-ietf-iasa2-rfc2031bis-05
Reviewer: Peter Yee
Review Date: 2019-08-04
IETF LC End Date: 2019-08-05
IESG Telechat date: Not scheduled for a telechat

Summary: This draft updates RFC 2031 (The IETF-ISOC Relationship) in light of
the IASA2 changes.  To the extent of that I've followed these changes, the
draft appears to capture my understanding of the current relationship, at least
as it is envisaged by the two parties.  Whether that's how things really
operate could probably be the subject of an extensive debate on the IETF
mailing list. ;-)  [Ready with nits]

Major issues:  None

Minor issues: None

Nits/editorial comments:

Page 3, last paragraph before section 2, first sentence: delete a redundant
"the".

Page 3, last paragraph before section 2, last sentence: remove the spaces in
"IETF - ISOC".

Page 5, section 6, first paragraph, first sentence: change "The" to "the".  As
far as I can tell the ISOC's official name is "Internet Society" without a
capitalized "The" and uses "the" when using the name in sentences.

Page 5, section 6, second paragraph, last sentence: change "board of trustees"
to "Board of Trustees" to match ISOC's usage.

Page 5, section 7, first paragraph, third sentence: change "board of trustees"
to "Board of Trustees".

Page 5, section 7, first paragraph, last sentence: change "arms length" to
"arm's length".

---

From: "Livingood, Jason" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2019 19:07:24 +0000

Thanks - all of that resolved in a -06 update to post shortly!

Jason

On 8/4/19, 1:38 PM, "Peter Yee via Datatracker" <[email-masked]> wrote:

    Reviewer: Peter Yee

    

    
    Major issues:  None
    
    Minor issues: None
    
    Nits/editorial comments:

---

From: Rob Sayre <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2019 17:20:10 -0700

There is a typo in section 3.

"(though ISOC employees may independently continue to make technical
  --> contributuins <-- as individuals)"

thanks,
Rob

---

From: "Livingood, Jason" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2019 13:36:23 +0000

Thanks – will fix that now!

From: Rob Sayre <[email-masked]>
Date: Thursday, August 22, 2019 at 8:20 PM
To: "Livingood, Jason" <[email-masked]>
Cc: Peter Yee <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: Genart last call review of draft-ietf-iasa2-rfc2031bis-05

thanks,
Rob

On Thu, Aug 22, 2019 at 12:08 PM Livingood, Jason <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:
Thanks - all of that resolved in a -06 update to post shortly!

Jason

On 8/4/19, 1:38 PM, "Peter Yee via Datatracker" <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:

    Reviewer: Peter Yee

    Major issues:  None

    Minor issues: None

    Nits/editorial comments: