Subject: [Gen-art] Genart last call review of draft-ietf-dmm-pmipv6-dlif-04

From: Ines Robles via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2019 13:21:02 -0700

Reviewer: Ines Robles
Review result: Ready with Nits

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. The General Area
Review Team (Gen-ART) reviews all IETF documents being processed
by the IESG for the IETF Chair.  Please treat these comments just
like any other last call comments.

For more information, please see the FAQ at

<https://trac.ietf.org/trac/gen/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Document: draft-ietf-dmm-pmipv6-dlif-04
Reviewer: Ines Robles
Review Date: 2019-10-14
IETF LC End Date: 2019-10-14
IESG Telechat date: Not scheduled for a telechat

Summary:

I believe the draft is technically good. This document is well written.

The document proposes Distributed Mobility Management for Proxy Mobile IPv6 in
which mobility sessions are anchored at the last IP hop router called MAAR
(mobility anchor and access router). The document focuses on the required
extensions to effectively support simultaneously anchoring several flows at
different distributed gateways.

I have a minor concern detailed in Nits section.

Major issues:Not Issues found

Minor issues: Not Issues found

Nits/editorial comments:

It would be nice to specify IANA Section with more details, such as indicating
the registry which the option type belong, etc. [rfc8126]

Thank you for this document,

Ines.

---

From: CARLOS JESUS BERNARDOS CANO <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2019 13:21:22 +0200

Hi Ines,

Thanks for the review. We'll check with IANA folks about how to add more
details (whether they do it or we do).

Thanks,

Carlos

-- 
Special Issue "Beyond 5G Evolution":
https://www.mdpi.com/journal/electronics/special_issues/beyond_5g