Subject: [Gen-art] Genart last call review of draft-ietf-i2nsf-capability-data-model-09

From: Dan Romascanu via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2020 02:21:54 -0700

Reviewer: Dan Romascanu
Review result: Ready with Issues

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. The General Area
Review Team (Gen-ART) reviews all IETF documents being processed
by the IESG for the IETF Chair.  Please treat these comments just
like any other last call comments.

For more information, please see the FAQ at

<https://trac.ietf.org/trac/gen/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Document: draft-ietf-i2nsf-capability-data-model-09
Reviewer: Dan Romascanu
Review Date: 2020-09-03
IETF LC End Date: 2020-09-08
IESG Telechat date: Not scheduled for a telechat

Summary:

Ready with Issues

This document defines a YANG data model for the capabilities of various NSFs in
the I2NSF framework to centrally manage the capabilities of the various NSFs.
This is a very clear and well written document, and the use cases and the
examples also help its readability. The document was already reviewed and found
READY for publication by the YANG Doctors, so I did not perform a detailed YANG
review but rather focused on the Gen-ART specific aspects. A couple of issues
should be discussed and clarified before approval.

Major issues:

Minor issues:

1. In the introduction:

> This YANG data model is based on the
   information model for I2NSF NSF capabilities
   [I-D.ietf-i2nsf-capability].

So, the YANG data model is based on [I-D.ietf-i2nsf-capability], and the YANG
module references [draft-ietf-i2nsf-nsf-monitoring-data-model-03] and
[I-D.ietf-i2nsf-sdn-ipsec-flow-protection]. However, these three documents are
listed as Informative References. Without them the document cannot be
understood and implemented, so I believe that these reference should be moved
to Normative References.

2. In the YANG module a few condition capabilities have no REFERENCEs. Where
can the semantics be found?

context-capability
acl-number
application
target
user
group
geography

Nits/editorial comments:

1. Some of the acronyms are not expanded at first occurrence (VoIP, VoLTE,
DDoS, etc. )

---

From: "Mr. Jaehoon Paul Jeong" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2020 10:00:17 +0900

Hi Dan,
Thanks for your review on this draft as a general area review.

I will address your comments this week.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Paul

-- 
===========================
Mr. Jaehoon (Paul) Jeong, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Department of Computer Science and Engineering
Sungkyunkwan University
Office: +82-31-299-4957
Email: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Personal Homepage: http://iotlab.skku.edu/people-jaehoon-jeong.php
<http://cpslab.skku.edu/people-jaehoon-jeong.php>

---

From: "Mr. Jaehoon Paul Jeong" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2020 14:43:42 +0900

Hi Dan,
I have addressed your comments in the revision:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-i2nsf-capability-data-model-11

Please see my answers below.

On Thu, Sep 3, 2020 at 6:22 PM Dan Romascanu via Datatracker <
[email-masked]> wrote:

>  => I move the three drafts to the Normative References.

>  =>  I put the references for the above condition capabilities.

> 1. Some of the acronyms are not expanded at first occurrence (VoIP, VoLTE,
 => I mentioned the full words for the acronyms above and IPS.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Paul

---

From: Dan Romascanu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2020 09:18:06 +0300

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your answers and for addressing my concerns. The revised
version with the changes that you proposed is Ready from a Gen-ART review
point of view.

Regards,

Dan

---

From: "Mr. Jaehoon Paul Jeong" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2020 16:34:12 +0900

Hi Dan,
Thanks for your quick feedback and help.

Best Regards,
Paul