Subject: [Gen-art] Genart last call review of draft-ietf-httpbis-proxy-status-05

From: Thomas Fossati via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2021 09:36:28 -0700

Reviewer: Thomas Fossati
Review result: Ready with Nits

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. The General Area
Review Team (Gen-ART) reviews all IETF documents being processed
by the IESG for the IETF Chair.  Please treat these comments just
like any other last call comments.

For more information, please see the FAQ at

<https://trac.ietf.org/trac/gen/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Document: draft-ietf-httpbis-proxy-status-05
Reviewer: Thomas Fossati
Review Date: 2021-07-28
IETF LC End Date: 2021-08-11
IESG Telechat date: Not scheduled for a telechat

Summary:

The document describes a new header/trailer field that HTTP intermediaries can
use to insert further details related to their handling of responses inline,
for example to assist debugging of complex HTTP delivery topologies.  The
described mechanism addresses the problem in a simple, elegant and extensible
way.  The document is well written and the instructions to IANA are clear and
actionable.

Major issues: none

Minor issues: none

Nits/editorial comments:
Is it "https://iana.org/assignments/http-proxy-statuses (plural) or
https://iana.org/assignments/http-proxy-status (singular)?  Or are these two
different things -- in which case I am not sure what the difference would be?

---

From: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2021 12:20:59 +1000

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the review. Response below.

> On 29 Jul 2021, at 2:36 am, Thomas Fossati via Datatracker <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 

Aha - good catch! It's 'status', and I've corrected in source.

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham   https://www.mnot.net/