Subject: RE: Requirements Document

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 17:46:11 +0300

Hi Randy,

> and i see it as a general issue of delegation of authority, 
> with its own set of attendant authentication and authorization 
> issues.  e.g. i want to know to what agent i am delegating, and 
> to be able to restrict that agent's abilities to act in my place, 
> in to whom they reveal, what they reveal, and if and what they 
> may subdelegate.

My general comment is that when you delegate something, 
most likely you will not be able to control what your delegate
does.  I think delegation usually (always ?) introduces
security & privacy problems.  

The only way that I could see this working would be that the
delegate would not be able to understand the location information
without consulting you.  So, in effect, this would mean that your
delegate is essentially only screening your calls.  Is this
sufficient?

John

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 07:13:21 +0800

> delegate is essentially only screening your calls.  Is this

when i have a contractual relationship, i may choose to trust a
delegatee.

randy