Subject: RE: Sept 01 Deliverable

From: "Rosen, Brian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 15:58:44 -0400

I'd rather
    Define the object    
    Define an abstract API independent of language
    Define bindings from the abstract object to a specific language

I'm fine with having Java be among the first bindings.

Right now, I personally need the object definition for protocols 
that require the transfer of geolocation a lot more than I need an 
API to access it, but YMMV.

Brian

-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher Sipes [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2001 3:38 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Sept 01 Deliverable

Taking the Internet Draft that Brian Rosen sent out this morning one step
further, that is, looking towards out next expected deliverable of: 
Sep01    Use initial framework to develop an example location/privacy API
that might be used in a 3G handset or other consumer application. 

I might like to suggest, and perhaps it's the obvious writing on the wall to
most of you, that we incorporate a Java based API for our application.  I
believe that with the strength, extensibility and ubiquitousness of this
language, we might expect it to be a language that can grow with us as we
venture into new technological territories. 
Thanks, 
Chris

   || Chris Sipes | Web Developer | Forrester Research, Inc. | 400
Technology Square | Cambridge, MA 02139 |  email: [email-masked] |
617.613.6009 ||